Home

Offense too overpowered?

This is a discussion on Offense too overpowered? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Offense too overpowered?

Is anyone experiencing overpowered offenses in the demo? I am usually a pretty good defender, but I have only forced 1 punt in like 5 or 6 demo games. The CPU just drives down the field and always converts 3rd down no matter what.

I am a run first guy, who is a solid, but not great passer. That being said, every game I am completing like 80% of my passes and the deep slot post is open 100% of the time. I also can pretty much just read option my way down the field every drive for a td.

This is on Heisman O and D btw.

I love a good defensive struggle, but it seems like those games will be hard to come by this year.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Offense too overpowered?

Meh, it's just a demo, I'm sure it will be cleaned up for retail, plus we got the best slider guys on the planet to help us with that as well. This might belong in the impressions thread tho.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Sliders will probably help (previous versions were the same I always felt). I've already started tweaking to get good results, though running seems to be pretty easy still as the AI gives up against the run pretty easily.

That said, people claiming "its a demo" are crazy. Its not going to change that much. Never has, probably never will. If anything might get worse.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah it is, and its worst now that they have increased the run blocking ability b/c everyone was complaining about the cpu not being able to run. Now rb's get the second and third level of the defense almost every play because no one can get off their blocks.

That being said, it is possible to play decent defense as I have shutout TAMU(on Heisman) a few times. Now Oregon is hard to stop mainly b/c they run the read option so much.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
I like that they worked on blocking but the read option is gonna be a headache to stop online I already know it.

Half the time when I'm the safety it's me vs the runner and if I miss its a huge gain or TD. But maybe we just need the full game to judge first.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played Michigan vs OSU game prob 5-6 times as Michigan all on heisman. At first it felt like I couldn't stop OSU but later on I usually beat them by 2-3 TDs.

Pretty much any defense against the read option is useless without blitzing. You have to blitz like every play. Forget about running any zones as well, worthless.

I feel the offense is actually underpowered now. As it is the only way they score on me is on a big play pass after a receiver burned one of my dbs. They can't maintain any drives at all when you blitz.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
I like that they worked on blocking but the read option is gonna be a headache to stop online I already know it.

Half the time when I'm the safety it's me vs the runner and if I miss its a huge gain or TD. But maybe we just need the full game to judge first.....
I feel ya, I play mainly as the FS, and its always one on one with me and the qb or rb and like you said, if you miss their gone.

The A.I. is still pretty stupid, EA compensates for this by making the run blocking overpowering allowing them to run at least 5-7 yards before anyone gets near them.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3

I feel there is little love for the defense for some time now. The fact that engage 8 is worthless and that you are better off running a nickle package then a goal line set when in the red zone speaks volumes.

Add the new truck stick, I am seeing more defenders flying off running backs constantly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »