Home

A Guy Over at TGT has the Game

This is a discussion on A Guy Over at TGT has the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #33
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A Guy Over at TGT has the Game

Yes, I'm looking forward to more challenge in recruiting. Even with house rule limitations and on Heisman recruiting, I still rake in the #1 class every single year in 13. I think it has a lot to do with sustaining a powerhouse program, so it's easier when you rank A+ in so many categories, but still it shouldn't be that easy on the hardest difficulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I'm actually more excited for recruiting after reading that. It sounds like he made a mistake in his approach, maybe taking some EA advice too literally, and nerfed his recruiting class by trying to have one massive closer visit. Recruiting sounds harder and it seems like we will need to plan out things better. Sweet. Can't wait.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

And I think this guy played on default sliders...

Not dissing his point, but using his info here
Old 07-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Q. CPU Playcalling - How are they at the end of halves? Late game situations?

A. Same as demo. cpu down by 1 with 30 seconds just sat there at the 50 killing the clock, had to call to for them.
Almost a gamebreaker to me. it's 2014 and we still have to experience lack of clock management in the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 05:15 AM   #36
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Just waiting for 2 or 3 ppl here that I know to get the game...then all the cards will be in. Go all in, or fold. As far as the recruiting goes I agree with everyone who said him having trouble is a good thing. In every gen you pretty much got everyone you went after 90 percent of the time. There was literally no learning curve to recruiting before, so if that is different now its a huge step fwd.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #37
Pro

thbends's Arena

You guys crack me up. He said little to nothing really and it sounds like he completely screwed his recruiting up? Who would ever wait until week 13? That is just a no brainer. I'm sure the game will be a blast.

Will it be perfect? No.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #38
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Yes, I'm looking forward to more challenge in recruiting. Even with house rule limitations and on Heisman recruiting, I still rake in the #1 class every single year in 13. I think it has a lot to do with sustaining a powerhouse program, so it's easier when you rank A+ in so many categories, but still it shouldn't be that easy on the hardest difficulty.
If you are A+ in most of the categories then I do not think it should be difficult at all to recruit. You have a program most everyone wants to go to and the ease in getting them to you should reflect that. Yeah, in video gamey context that might not be as fun, but this is a football simulation. Some schools just routinely pull in top classes and top players because of where they are located and how prestigious they are, even if they have crap coaches.

I would agree that there needs to be more realistic strategy.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-05-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #39
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

In my opinion, if you enjoyed the demo a lot (which, I did) then I would at least wait for the game and either rent or just go ahead and buy it (which, I am).

Basing your purchase decision on a dude's opinion from 12 hours of gameplay is sort of silly. Specifically, we all have things that piss us off about game or ruin things. For this guy, he didn't get the experience he wanted from recruiting and thought the gameplay improvements were 'meh' -- he also felt there were some substantial gameplay bugs still present. For me, I wouldn't notice any of these things unless I read the forums. Frankly, I understand football pretty well, but when it comes to decisions by DB's in specific coverages (save for 4-vert assignments), I wouldn't know what I was looking at - just whether or not the guy was open or not, heh.

I am by no means defending the game, in fact, I have accepted that each year with NCAA I usually get about 3-4 months of enjoyment and then it goes on the shelf - regardless of how awesome the game is. I don't play OD's and I'm not big on equipment stuff. I just want a fun game of football (sliders come in here) that allows me to kill time after work and run through a few years of dynasty and feel like a big-shot coach, heh.

Last edited by EvanRG; 07-05-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #40
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
If you are A+ in most of the categories then I do not think it should be difficult at all to recruit. You have a program most everyone wants to go to and the ease in getting them to you should reflect that. Yeah, in video gamey context that might not be as fun, but this is a football simulation. Some schools just routinely pull in top classes and top players because of where they are located and how prestigious they are, even if they have crap coaches.

I would agree that there needs to be more realistic strategy.
Yea, you make a good point. The game isn't really at fault here, just because I am able to maintain a winning program, so it's functioning properly.

What I've been doing to increase the challenge is limit myself to 1 national recruit (outside of SEC states), and also I only allow myself to sign 8 recruits that are pre-scouting rated 4* or better. This has been working good so far to manage talent level and make it more enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to reading more people's experience on the new recruiting system in 14. I also wonder if EA kept the difficulty setting in recruiting.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »