Home

LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL?

This is a discussion on LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2
LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL?

I'm not trying to cause chaos here. This is serious.

I just got home from reserving my copy of NCAA for PS3 and the (respectable) Game Stop employee claims that there is a rumor going around; this rumor says that this could be the LAST YEAR for NCAA Football due to profit issues.

Obviously Madden trumps NCAA in sales, but I don't see how NCAA isn't making enough money for EA to move forward with it.

Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: LAST YEAR FOR NCAA FOOTBALL?

Sam Keller and O'Bannon lawsuit
Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Have no idea if true or not, but the guy at Gamestop would be the last person I would listen to. They generally dont have the first clue about the gaming industry.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Without really coming out and saying, EA hinted that NCAA would be on next gen next year.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

I think it all depends on what happens with these lawsuits. NCAA is already pretty far down on the totem pole in terms of revenue generation. It may not be the last year for NCAA, but if these lawsuits go south we will see some big changes in the product that might drive sales into a downward spiral.

The nails have started to be driven into the coffin. Only time will tell if that last nail will "drive home. Let's hope 14 is a game we can play forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Gopher's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Have no idea if true or not, but the guy at Gamestop would be the last person I would listen to. They generally dont have the first clue about the gaming industry.
I understand that the Game Stop dude probably isn't the best for inside info on EA, but like I said he's a respectable dude who knows his stuff when it comes to sporting video games. But I don't see how it couldn't be on the next gen consoles for at least a year.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would hope that you are wrong. If the rumors are true then I'd question Tiburon's work on NCAA 14 more than I have already. Didn't MLB 2k13 have almost nothing added to it besides a roster update when it ended its cycle?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Sam Keller and O'Bannon lawsuit
well luckily for EA that has gotten delayed. They were supposed to decide a week or so ago if that lawsuit was worth moving on to a class-action trial. However the judge was curious why there was no current student-athletes apart of the lawsuit since it seems that who it effects the most, so the decision has been delayed until they find a current student-athlete to testify. So that has caused quite a delay in things and no one is sure when this will continue. Even when the decision is made they can appeal certain parts of the ruling which will drag things out. Most seem to think if it advances to a class-action trial that EA/NCAA will most likely settle out of court and all college video games would stop being made.

So based on that I could see a NCAA 15 coming out. Hopefully it does so we finally get a game with a playoff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »