Home

How is your dynasty going

This is a discussion on How is your dynasty going within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 06:09 PM   #8025
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How is your dynasty going

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
That’s insane. I’m in 2023 and haven’t seen any dominance like that from the CPU.

Fun facts from mine though:

-Notre Dame is middle of the road, might not make a bowl this year

-Bama loses 4-5 games a year

-Texas is always really good but drops 2-3 random games a year to kill themselves

-New Mexico has come on strong, with 11 wins in 2022 and on pace for double digits again

-Half the SEC is 2 star or worse programs now

-PAC 12 gets like no respect. Multiple one loss teams, none ranked

-I had to edit Army and Navy because they were wildly dominant, very unrealistic. They were #2 and #3 at one point, and if I had lost would have played each other for the BCS title if I hadn't edited them

Some changes I made and how they’re working out:

-BYU dropped to 1 star. I put them back in the Mountain West 2 years ago and they’re rising fast. #6 in the nation this year so far, and have gained a star each year, back to 3 stars already

-Added Boise State to the Big 12. They now barely make .500 and may go back to MWC. Dabo Swinney has been their HC, now in his 3rd season, and struggling. They missed a bowl game in 2022, and likely will in 2023

-added San Diego State to the big 12. They’re up and down but perform very well for a lower rated team in the conference. I think 8-5 in 2021, 5-7 in 2022, and 3-3 so far in 2023. Coaching keeps them going, they seem to beat a lot of teams that are better than them

-Added UConn and Cincinnati to the Big 12. Both were coming off big time 12 wins seasons recently and had high prestige (5 star). Both are really having a rough time, losing almost all conference games and may be booted. Cincy started off strong this season at 3-0, but are now 3-3 if I remember right

Moved Iowa State to the MAC. They were bad and figured it would give them a good shot to build up and maybe go Big 10. They were the top MAC program but they’re still getting demolished lol. They're 1-6 in 2023, and finished with a losing record in 2022 as well. It's amazing, they went into the MAC as an 81, better than literally every conference foe, but they just can't find a way to win
I've seen all of that, consistently, except for the PAC 12 part. In mine, the SEC always crumbles and it always comes down to the BIG 10, BIG 12, and PAC 12 competing for the top, typically in that order. Every great once in a while, a G5 team will make it to the title game and almost always get destroyed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #8026
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
I've seen all of that, consistently, except for the PAC 12 part. In mine, the SEC always crumbles and it always comes down to the BIG 10, BIG 12, and PAC 12 competing for the top, typically in that order. Every great once in a while, a G5 team will make it to the title game and almost always get destroyed.
My first title was a G5 team, UCF. Well, kinda G5...the American is still trying to call themselves a "power 6" lol.

I jumped out to a 28-3 lead in the first half, won 34-21 in the end. Pretty respectable on their end.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #8027
MVP

Well UCF won a title in real life so... ;-P
Old 09-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #8028
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

Sitting at 5-6 in my Wake Forest dynasty and the final game is @ 2-9 Vanderbilt whose two wins are over FCS East and UMASS (1-10 on the season). There closest loss all year was the week before @ Tennessee (4-7) when they lost by 8 points. Second closest loss was a 17 point loss to UAB (8-3).

Overall I was extremely confident because it seemed like an easy win. I don't want to give the result away now even though I really want to say something lol. I'll probably do the write up tomorrow during the Eagles-Falcons game. I don't know how I'm gonna write the headline and lead however, because I don't want to give anything away about how it ended. Let me just say it was intense.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 09-05-2018, 08:23 PM   #8029
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

I ended up starting 1-3 after losses to unranked App State, Kentucky, and Penn State. We were #23 to start the season. We have now won 5 straight with the most recent being a 59-21 annihilation of #7 Nebraska. Illinois is now #4 in the country with remaining games against Minnesota, Wisconsin, and at Northwestern. 3 loss national champion is looking more and more likely.

Pelicans

Redskins
Old 09-05-2018, 08:57 PM   #8030
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

#18 Sonoma State traveled to Lawrence, Kansas to face the Kansas Jayhawks. Both squads were 4-2, both tallied their losses to Boise State and Oklahoma.

After my loss to Boise State, I wasn't wildly confident. I was actually very nervous. I had a good passing groove going at the end of the Boise State game, so I changed up my game plan. Instead of pounding the rock early and often, I decided to try to get freshman QB Zach Bishop into a groove early and wake the offense up.

First play was a 5 yard hitch. Two runs to get a first, then on first down, another pass. RS-freshman receiver Johnny Ridgeway catches the hitch, and spins inside on the man coverage. Goes 56 yards for a TD.

We never looked back. Bishop was 13/16 for 191 in the first half, 20/26 for 271 and 2 TD's by the end. We also racked up 277 rushing yards, all while the defense just annihilated Kansas.

Final score: 44-17. Our biggest win of the year on the road. It was our first road game where we weren't in a situation of needing to make a comeback.

Our starting QB is now healthy, but I think we will keep going with the hot hand of Bishop. He's on a roll, so both are rated 75 right now. Normally Houston is a 75 and Bishop a 74. We will see though, I've got time to make the decision.

Next up: @ #15 TCU. TCU was #9, but got DESTROYED by #25 Texas to the tune of 56-17. TCU is very young, but very talented. Over a 90 overall. This one should be good.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #8031
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5

Year 2029 - I need help to determine playoff teams.

Playoff Data
Cotton - ?? Vs ??
Chick Fil A - ?? Vs ??

Clemson 13-0 ACC Champs
Top 25 Wins 2 (#14 GT;#21 Pitt)
Top 50 Wins 4 (GT, Pitt, NCST, FSU

Oklahoma 13-0 BIG 12 Champs
Top 10 Wins 2 (#5 Texas;#6 Oregon)
Top 50 Wins 3 (TX, Ore, WVU

UTAH 12-1 PAC 12 Champs
Top 15 Wins 4 (#6 Oregon; #8 USC; #11 Stanford x2)
Top 25 Wins 5 (Ore, USC, Stanford x2, #18 UCLA
Top 50 Wins 5 (Ore, USC, Stanford x2, #18 UCLA)
Losses - #21 Ranked Nebraska on Road 48-49 OT

PENN STATE 11-2 BIG Champs
Top 25 Wins 2 (#19 Neb, #13 Mich)
Top 50 Wins 4 (Neb, Mich, Wis, Indiana,
Losses - #60 Ore St, #47 Purdue

AUBURN 11-2 SEC Champs
Top 15 Wins 2 (#10 TAMU; #15 Tenn)
Top 50 Wins 3 (TAMU; Tenn, SCar
Losses - #23 Bama; #8 USC road game 21-28

Conf Rankings
BIG TEN
PAC 12
SEC
ACC
MW
Big 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 10:29 PM   #8032
MVP

Can you explain your conference rankings?

It seems clear to me you take Clemson, OU, Utah. Utah might have the best resume, even with the loss, which came by one point in overtime in Nebraska. So it seems to me the decision is between Auburn and Penn State. Auburn's losses are more forgivable and their wins are more notable.

Last edited by nofx94; 09-05-2018 at 10:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »