Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 03:01 AM   #33
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: IGN Review is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
From the GS review:

Wow, EA must have really gone the extra mile by inventing a style of option I've never heard of
I doesn't matter who the Qb is pitching the ball back too, the reviewer was saying the option is satisfying in general.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #34
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
It doesn't feel the same as last year.. The gameplay is much improved. Yeah the atmosphere is god awful and the presentation sucks.. But this is by far the best NCAA game ever made for ps3/360.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #35
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

At the end of the day (IMO), this years version is still NOT worth a $60.00 asking price...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike83
At the end of the day (IMO), this years version is still NOT worth a $60.00 asking price...
I agree. I think this years version is a solid football game, but I can't say I'm ultra excited for any of the big features aside from the running game improvements. The Dynasty changes sound interesting, but not anything I just have to go out and experience.

Like most years, 14 seems to me like a solid but lacking update of last years version even with same major internal changes to the running and physics.

No big deal to me though. I've got a good backlog of games for me to play till 14 sees a pricedrop or two.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #37
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

A few takeaways from playing the game for 3 days and reading all the reviews/comments

1. My god gamers sure are a whiny bunch. If you are bored with playing a football video game after 3 games then that says more about you than EA or how "boring" you think it is.You had access to the demo and could play as many games as you want but still decided to purchase this game. That and you have had access to all their previous installments that are almost dirtcheap now. If you find playing COD or BF more satisfying and fun then a "boring" football game then thats fine, go play it.

B) Really wish EA Sports would embrace waiting 2 years to release new games. Just offer a roster update and patches that add small changes every year at half the price. Take the time to make some more dramatic changes to the feel of the game

3. The gameplay is significantly better. I have been working on my sliders and have been able to create a very enjoyable game thus far. I found M13 to be incredibly sloppy and downright unplayable. It felt like a $60 pre-alpha demo that EA passed off as a completed game and then reviewers praised relentlessly. Their engine has been cleaned up and is looking very promising. I get that everyone is anticipating next gen ncaa but it isnt here yet and this game shouldnt be unfairly criticized for that.

D) Presentation is still lacking just like in every EA football game. If you are shocked by this then shame on you. This is exactly why i would love to see my 2nd point implemented. They could keep getting their annual money but also take the time to make the experience feel a little more tangible

E) This feels like one of if not the best ncaa produced in quite some time. Time will tell as there could be some game breaking bug or flaw that is lingering in the background. The graphics comments are hilarious lol, it is the very last game for a dying console... get over yourselves (Greg Miller). Also the tool who did the review mentioned not having players names smh. I purchased a roster 2 days ago with every name of every player for 99 freaking cents!! Any real ncaa player does this and he looks like an idiot for complaining about this when he knows ncaa cant legally use real names. All in all, step in the right direction as we head net gen and it included some fresh new changes to the core game. Said it before and ill say it again. Those who are bored have no excuses. Their boredom says more about themselves than it does the game. This is the first madden or ncaa that i have found enjoyable in quite some time. Cant wait to get my hands on a m25 demo
Old 07-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Great review from IGN (Surprisingly) they nailed it because at the end of the day...the game just feels flat.
Exactly. There's no life or soul in the game. I'm still going to get my moneys worth, I'll be digging into this one for awhile to come, but this dev team just doesn't have it.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

For me it is the atmosphere and the visuals. That video of Tech vs Miami shows how crowds get and why college football is so great. If the band isn't playing a song the crowd should be cheering. NCAA has felt like a tennis match was going on ever since it was on next gen. Another thing is I have never even heard Brad Nessler call an actual game. Give me Brent Musberger he brings the game to life.

And beating the dead horse here..the graphics..not just equipment but player models, colors, sidelines..everything.

Make this game look and feel like what we see on Saturday.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #40
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
I don't have the game but EA football games have been stale for almost 10 years now. That being said, so has most sports games and I think this is because you can only do so much with a CPU AI against a human.

I think it is time for sports games to create a game with lifelike graphics and a great ONLINE franchise. Of course a stable online experience is a must also.

Being a father of two young kids I don't get to enjoy online gaming much anymore but I think the days of playing a sports video game against a computer are done. Just too boring.

I really miss playing NFL 2K5 online with a group of guys. Best video game experience of my sports gaming life. Prior to that was a Madden league (with custom uniforms) and NBA live league on the PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »