Home

Dynasty upsets still crazy?

This is a discussion on Dynasty upsets still crazy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Dynasty upsets still crazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Just a theory/question ....

These upsets that are being mentioned are in year one?

The rankings of the teams in the game aren't based on the stock rosters that ship with the game. If you look through the ratings you'll probably see plenty of teams that are mis-rated. I'm a fan of the Hawkeyes, but EA really overrated Iowa's base roster in my opinion -- which could lead to a big win over Northern Illinois.

The question then, if you look at pure ratings (not Top 25 rankings) are these "upsets" really that significant?

Also, as a dynasty gets several seasons deep and the Top 25 is more based on the performance in the game, are we still seeing too many upsets?
the number of upsets i saw in the first 3 seasons wasn't that bad, but by year 4 it's 4-5 a week and that's because recruiting is still broken like it has been since 2003. Ohio, Toledo, FIU, ULL are getting 5* and they're beating up on BCS teams
Old 07-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 1

The recruiting issue is that teams like Florida St. etc. if they have a position need per say a fullback, will recruit 8 fullbacks and rank them ahead of 5 star recruits. That is where recruiting is messed up.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsackII
The recruiting issue is that teams like Florida St. etc. if they have a position need per say a fullback, will recruit 8 fullbacks and rank them ahead of 5 star recruits. That is where recruiting is messed up.
but hey instead of fixing this, EA decided to give us a way to spend money in ultimate team!

oh look 75 overall ball st just whooped #13 (97 OVR) oklahoma in norman!

Last edited by Skulletor; 07-10-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah Army Ohio State that was preseason ranked #2.

I also feel they make SEC teams lose a lot!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #77
Pro

all this would be acceptable if EA let you sim the games and then you can fix the results. and the worst part is when you select to sim a CPU v CPU game, it actually sims, sometimes you will see a different score up top than whats in the schedule

all this so that i can skip rece davis telling me about the unthinkable happening

i'm pretty sure there's code in there to make big upsets happen, so that we can hear rece be excited, ffs

Last edited by Skulletor; 07-10-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

this is just getting stupid its not fun to play dynasty when the best teams lose every week. in my dynasty buffalo beat ohio state, rice beat texas a&m, north carolina beat south carolina, virginia beat oregon, san jose state beat stanford, its just getting ridiculous.

its fun to have a big upset every now and then but when theres 5 of the top 10 lose every week it ruins the game
Old 07-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #79
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
the number of upsets i saw in the first 3 seasons wasn't that bad, but by year 4 it's 4-5 a week and that's because recruiting is still broken like it has been since 2003. Ohio, Toledo, FIU, ULL are getting 5* and they're beating up on BCS teams
To be fair, Toledo's had a pretty good record against BCS teams over the past 15 years. Those other teams, yeah, that's a little much. Sounds like the "proximity to home" pitch and pipeline states are taking a little too much precedence in recruiting.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #80
MVP

mjavon's Arena

On a side note, have they fixed the problem where some CPU teams only schedule 11 games a year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »