Home

Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting Tips (NCAA 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volz4lif3
Quick question how do you make promises I can't find it yet..
I cannot either it is listed under Team Management but I do not see how to make any promises...has anyone figured it out?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #90
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
To add 1 more point to my wall of text...

Altering a coaches recruiting skill, seems almost mandatory before doing a dynasty. Based on the default skill points EA gave coaches, Nick Saban is the only coach given the Insta Commit skill in the game. It's a bit much to be honest.

There is no question he's the best coach in college, and the best recruiting coach in the game.... but Bama already has tons of advantages, and you stand no choice against them at all. His tree has 6500 points per week, 700 per recruit, insta commit and 2000 per visit. Doesn't matter if you're Texas, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, Oregon or Ohio State, no big school can even come close to that.

Altering coach skill points before the season is a must if you want a fairly even playing field. That doesn't mean "nerf" him to hell, just balance out how powerful Bama is compared to other schools. He should lead the pack, along with the other major schools... but he's so far ahead of the other big schools it's impossible to recruit against Bama and win. You just have to hope they don't want your recruits.

Can I alter cpu coach skill points on OD? If someone chooses Bama, creates himself as the HC, does the new HC get those bonuses?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #91
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
That is ridiculous....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Experimenting more, it should probably be at least a 1500 point lead. A few commit early, so I can move those 500 to 700 points to the next guy on the list. Even if I don't land them, I am usually able to weather the later visits and can sometimes build up a lead from the visit to 3000 which should deter competition.

I find that the 100 to 400 point late visit bonuses are essentially negligible, especially if you have a lead built.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
Like any school, Bama offers 40-50 scholarships per recruiting class, and obviously they lose a few. Hell, Clowney went to S. Carolina over Bama!

I'm sure there is something on rivals.com that shows who they offered to and lost... they don't land every single recruit they go after. But with the default coach ratings, Bama wins every time without a challenge based on the points system.

To me, the 6 stars should be able to battle each other, but the game acts like Bama is an 8 star program. Choose who they want, let the other schools fight for the scraps
Schools offer around 200+ kids every recruiting class. After the offers they find out who has sincere interest and take it from there. Bama loses out on recruits all the time but they always lead the pack. Last three years I think they've had the #1 class according to espn. KC McDermott, travonte valentine, Dalvin cook, jabrill peppers, etc. are just some of the few examples that have bama offers and chose other schools. I haven't played the game yet but I will tone them down if they are that overpowered
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Can I alter cpu coach skill points on OD? If someone chooses Bama, creates himself as the HC, does the new HC get those bonuses?
You asked a number of questions there...

You can alter OD skill points, but you have to do that before you start a dynasty. Think editing a team roster, if you want a certain player on the team or want to move a player to a new position, you have to do that ahead of time. Same with coaching trees.

If some "Creates" a coach, they start from scratch at level 1. If someone uses an "existing" coach, then they MAY be able to keep their skill points.

Before a dynasty starts, you have the ability as the commish to limit the user skill trees (not the CPU ones). So if someone decides they want Bama, while the rest of the group wants 3 star programs, you can put limit users to the level they all start at on the skill tree.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lww1142
Can someone please explain what the House rules are, if I was to use a team such as Minnesota? From the sound of it recruiting sounds way too easy right now without some restrictions...
Recruiting is far from easy... and a school like Minnesota isn't going to stand up against other big 10 schools like Ohio State and Michigan.

Not only do you have to take into consideration your school strengths and prestige (you know, Facilities, Television Exposure, Pro Potential), but you have the coaching skill tree.

If your coach is low on the coaching tree, you will not compete against higher ranked programs. When you build up your coaching tree, then you will be able to compete
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 AM   #95
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volz4lif3
Quick question how do you make promises I can't find it yet..
As far as I can tell, you don't make promises to recruits anymore.

The only promises I've seen are to the transfer/pro draft players. You can promise them something to keep them on campus. But recruits have no more promises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #96
Rookie

So I simmed 3 more dynasties with multiple teams to see if Bama really is overpowered.

Sim #1 - Texas, not altering Bama:

Results: I strictly went after only prospects that had me ranked #1 in interest. 5* all the way down to 3*.

Out of 25 potential scholarships, I lost 4 to other schools during Signing Day, and 1 during the season. Not 1 recruit was in battle with them, and I mostly fought TAMU, Oklahoma and TCU for some reason. TCU stole 3 recruits, TAMU and OU didn't get a single one against me.

Sim #2 - Florida, not altering Bama:
Results: I recruited directly against them as much as possible. I had 11 recruit battles with Bama, 7 of mine were ahead in points at the main screen, 4 were ahead with Bama.

2 insta commit with Bama, leaving 2 other schools they had a lead with.

Bama never relinquished their 2 leads, and took 5 of the 7 I had a lead on (the other went to Miami in a last second steal). My only winning recruit against them was because I scheduled a visit in week 11 and they had a week 12 visit and he committed before their visit. Otherwise, every other recruit went their way.

Sim #3 LSU, altering Bama
Results: First I eliminated insta commit and lowered their Kitchen Sink rating to 2/3... default was 3/3. I competed against them for 12 recruits.... 8 I had a lead on, 4 their way.

Of my 8, I managed to win 3, lose 3 to Bama, and lose 2 to other schools (Ohio State and Texas). But, I was able to steal 2 of their recruits, and at some points gain leads on all 4 recruits. But in the end, they still ended up with more recruits than I did and the overall #1 class.

In NOT altering Bama, they finished with the #2 class both times (losing to Ohio State and USC). In altering them, they actually finished #1... but lost more recruiting battles.

Although this is only a small sampling, it's an early indicator for some that Saban's rating might need to be altered a bit... recruiting directly against them unaltered means you will either (1) spend all your points fighting them each week over recruits or (2) try to spread out your points against them and other schools, and watch the other schools take your recruits as well.

In toning them down, it at least allows you a chance to keep recruits that had you 1st, while having a small chance at stealing theirs. To me, that seems more realistic, keeping them as a powerhouse, but at least giving another big school a chance against them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »