Home

Coach mode impressions

This is a discussion on Coach mode impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #81
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Coach mode impressions

Other than the option being playable, are there any other significant improvements this year? I haven't purchsed NCAA 14 yet and it will be about a month before I have time to play it anyway. The game will keep getting cheaper but it sounds like there are a lot of things that still need fixing, which means they likely won't be fixed at all.

So is coach mode overall that much better than last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Coach mode impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
Other than the option being playable, are there any other significant improvements this year? I haven't purchsed NCAA 14 yet and it will be about a month before I have time to play it anyway. The game will keep getting cheaper but it sounds like there are a lot of things that still need fixing, which means they likely won't be fixed at all.

So is coach mode overall that much better than last year?
I had a dynasty on NCAA 11 that I was thoroughly enjoying. WIth the changes to the game engine and now the vastly superior OL/DL interaction I can't go back. Fired up my 11 dynasty and turned it off a few snaps in. I personally feel that 14 is the perfect last hoorah on this generation of consoles. My opinion though.

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-15-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like playing the game competitively against users but I always try to get a coach mode offline dynasty going. Hopefully coach mode transitions to next gen and we really see intelligent defenders and quarterbacks. As for now I understand that the coach doesn't put players in motion but it would still be nice to have that. This year I am gonna really work on some challenging sliders and start with one of the lowest teams as an OC and see how far I can get. Then if I get it going good maybe start a dynasty with the Longhorns.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by herruberraschen
I like playing the game competitively against users but I always try to get a coach mode offline dynasty going. Hopefully coach mode transitions to next gen and we really see intelligent defenders and quarterbacks. As for now I understand that the coach doesn't put players in motion but it would still be nice to have that. This year I am gonna really work on some challenging sliders and start with one of the lowest teams as an OC and see how far I can get. Then if I get it going good maybe start a dynasty with the Longhorns.
If you auto pass coach mode you can still do motions etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #85
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

I assume the DB glitch is present in coach mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
I assume the DB glitch is present in coach mode?
I heard about it then finally read up on it and I hadn't noticed it. I chalk it up to my poor (60s across the board) team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

I think I'm gonna try one of those "hybrid" difficulties. I think that might be the single best addition to the game. I've always loved the human offense on Varsity. Just always felt organic to me. But the defense was ALWAYS too easy even for coach mode. Guess I'll try either AA or Heisman for defense. Don't plan on getting into slider hell this year. Just gonna set my difficulty and roll with it.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #88
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

^ I wonder if Heisman difficulty on defense would improve the DB glitch...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »