Home

Coach mode impressions

This is a discussion on Coach mode impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #225
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1221
coach mode is the best thing ever and if Madden doesn't have it I wont be getting it....I do have a few problems though. I play 13 minute quarters and it seems as if both teams are getting to run too many plays. Im Notre Dame and just played a dynasty game at Michigan where Gardner had 57 pass attempts. That would never happen
I play 7 minutes and things look fine for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #226
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Coach mode impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1221
coach mode is the best thing ever and if Madden doesn't have it I wont be getting it....I do have a few problems though. I play 13 minute quarters and it seems as if both teams are getting to run too many plays. Im Notre Dame and just played a dynasty game at Michigan where Gardner had 57 pass attempts. That would never happen
You can set your team to Conservative Clock Management to reduce the number of plays you run (or, just let the clock run down to less than 10 seconds before snapping the ball).

There's nothing you can do about the CPU's clock management, especially when the CPU uses No-Huddle. You can essentially eliminate the CPU No-Huddle by setting every team's 3 coaches to Conservative - but this approach hurts teams which have built an offense around using a lot of No-Huddle plays. For these reasons, many players have settled on 7-9 minute quarters as the best compromise and left everything else alone.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #227
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Just had my winning streak snapped with 10-14 road loss to Troy 3-7 (0-5). They're the second highest rated team in the conference but is having a horrible season. Defense is starting to get to me. Yeah we had a low scoring affair but I don't feel like defensive success is based on the calls I make but just happenstance *shrug*
Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #228
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

@NoleFan,
Are you still playing auto pass mode?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #229
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
@NoleFan,
Are you still playing auto pass mode?
Yes sir and loving the way it plays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #230
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
The more I play the more frustrated I get with backs and scrambling QB and their lack of vision when running

This was more of an issue for me until I found out that fake snaps are still in the game code! After I break the huddle I say to myself, "on 2", or "on 3". I do this to confuse the CPU of when I might snap the ball. Although this years game has no formal coach mode fake snap, pressing the 360 right bumper still has the same effect in slowing the defense down when the ball is hiked. Idk what the Hell EA is thinking sometimes, but trust me, hitting RB before hiking makes a huge difference in ncaa 14. Also, if you go into Advanced controller options and turn off coach tip, auto pass, and show play, you'll have more success. I can't explain why, but its been like that forever.

Spread the word that fake snaps are in Coach Mode!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #231
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic247
This was more of an issue for me until I found out that fake snaps are still in the game code! After I break the huddle I say to myself, "on 2", or "on 3". I do this to confuse the CPU of when I might snap the ball. Although this years game has no formal coach mode fake snap, pressing the 360 right bumper still has the same effect in slowing the defense down when the ball is hiked. Idk what the Hell EA is thinking sometimes, but trust me, hitting RB before hiking makes a huge difference in ncaa 14. Also, if you go into Advanced controller options and turn off coach tip, auto pass, and show play, you'll have more success. I can't explain why, but its been like that forever.

Spread the word that fake snaps are in Coach Mode!
I've since switched to auto pass coach mode and am enjoying the game a good deal

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #232
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon12 Re: Coach mode impressions

I feel you buddy and here's why...

Auto pass speeds up the gameplay, giving the defense a huge advantage because offensive plays are not designed to be run at the speed auto pass causes the game to play on. Toss sweeps, reverses, punt returns, draw plays,etc, become more difficult because the plays need more time to develop for success than hb dive.

Now, the human player does better because the CPU is still calling a full array of plays that normally would work, but at a new speed simply don't. On offense, the human player never calls certain plays because he knows they don't work and once again is more successful, creating the illusion of nirvana.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »