Home

Coach mode impressions

This is a discussion on Coach mode impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Nice to see my fellow coach moders in action again this year! I'm loving this year's game so far. It isn't perfect, but it is potentially the best version EA has done on this gen. A couple of things I've noticed, if you want to coffin corner a punt, you will have to aim it yourself, even in true coach mode. And good luck doing that from the broadcast cam. Also, I've yet to see the CPU coffin corner a punt. So I most likely will be simming all punts, unless something changes. On the other hand, field goal attempts and kickoffs are already aimed for you, so just kick it. No aiming necessary. I've seen one CPU fg miss from about 40 yards. Haven't seen a user fg miss yet.

All of that being said, miamikris and I are starting our slider testing again and could use some help. If anyone would like to get in on our testing, then just let one of us know.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #18
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Coach mode impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylawdog
A couple of things I've noticed, if you want to coffin corner a punt, you will have to aim it yourself, even in true coach mode. And good luck doing that from the broadcast cam.
How are you controlling the aiming in true coach mode? Did they add that in this year?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
Rookie

I don't think they meant to add aiming when kicking. I've been playing with this a bit more, and I've discovered that it doesn't matter where you aim your punt. The punter is going to kick it straight down the field. I've tried aiming it in all directions, using max angles. Goes straight every time.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

To clarify terms for people who may be reading this thread, but who may not be clear on Coach Mode terminology:

In NCAA13, there are two ways to play "Coach Mode" - Play Now style with QB Auto Throw turned ON, or "Coach A Game" style. There are differences between these two modes. Broadcast Cam is only available in Coach A Game, or in CPU vs CPU games. Also, in Coach A Game mode, the User has almost no control over players on the field.

Players interested in some sort of "Coach Mode" game should experiment with both styles.

I presume that NCAA14 has the same options.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
Rookie

Thanks for clarifying art but just so that I am clear, I should say that you can move the aim arrow when kicking in both auto throw and true coach mode. However, in true coach mode it appears that it doesn't matter where you aim, the kicker still kicks where he wants to kick it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #22
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I don't think they meant to add aiming when kicking. I've been playing with this a bit more, and I've discovered that it doesn't matter where you aim your punt. The punter is going to kick it straight down the field. I've tried aiming it in all directions, using max angles. Goes straight every time.
Darn, that is a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
To clarify terms for people who may be reading this thread, but who may not be clear on Coach Mode terminology...
I select "coach" under controls when playing in my dynasty. It's controlled just like the "coach a game" mode. This is what I have been referring to.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying art but just so that I am clear, I should say that you can move the aim arrow when kicking in both auto throw and true coach mode. However, in true coach mode it appears that it doesn't matter where you aim, the kicker still kicks where he wants to kick it
I did not know that there was any way to take control of a player when playing "Coach A Game". However, I play only single games in Coach A Game mode - perhaps things are different when selecting the Coach option in Dynasty mode.

In any event, I have used a combination of Mass Edits for Punters and Kickers Power and Accuracy ratings plus lowering Power and Accuracy sliders to the 15-30 range in NCAA13. Results are a variety of punt and kickoff results, including OB Punts, Punts dead inside the 10 yard line, Punts bouncing past the Returner, Shanked Punts, etc.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #24
Rookie

Well you aren't controlling any players. It just lets you aim your kicks, but it's broken lol. You might as well just snap the ball and hope for the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »