Home

Coach mode impressions

This is a discussion on Coach mode impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #241
Go Hogs

Redbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coach mode impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Just had my winning streak snapped with 10-14 road loss to Troy 3-7 (0-5). They're the second highest rated team in the conference but is having a horrible season. Defense is starting to get to me. Yeah we had a low scoring affair but I don't feel like defensive success is based on the calls I make but just happenstance *shrug*
I coach Ark State...how are they doing in your dynasty? I won the conf the first year and 2 bowl games in my 2 year stay...in year 3 Mizzou HC was open and I took the job their last season record was 1 - 11...So far I am 1 - 2 losing to #10 Ga and #24 SC on the road and beating FCS something at home...next up is Vandy at home...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #242
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird
I coach Ark State...how are they doing in your dynasty? I won the conf the first year and 2 bowl games in my 2 year stay...in year 3 Mizzou HC was open and I took the job their last season record was 1 - 11...So far I am 1 - 2 losing to #10 Ga and #24 SC on the road and beating FCS something at home...next up is Vandy at home...
I can't recall right off but I think Ark State is pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #243
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Coach mode impressions

I said I wasn't gonna play anymore today but after the Panthers game I did. Went on the road and lost at Vandy 6-24. Defense still played fairly well despite their high comp%. They had to throw short in a lot of instances. We got down 0-14 early then immediately after Estes was sacked and fumbled leading to a defensive TD to go down 0-21 but we got a FG with 0:12 left to make it 3-21 at halftime. We tied the second half though. I guess that's a bit of a moral victory. We only rushed for 34 total yards thanks to Estes giving up 26 on sacks. Passed for about 220 yards though. 1-1 on the season.

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-10-2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #244
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Coach mode impressions

The Jaguars of South Alabama nearly came away with their first victory of the season, but we did a wonderful job of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

We couldn't hold a 24-17 lead in the fourth quarter when Arkansas St. drove down the field and tied it with a 1:37 left. We promptly throw an interception trying to win the game. But then Arkansas State gives the ball right back to us on an interception. Then we end regulation with....an interception.

In overtime, we won the toss and chose defense. Arkansas State made it a 31-24 game in two plays. We go four and out and drop to 0-8 on the year.

The only good news is that two of the four visiting prospects decided to commit anyways to us despite the result. Brings our class size to 7 commits for a ranking of 75th.

Next game we play Navy....don't see a win there.
UL Monroe....doubtful.
Georgia State....our best shot at avoiding a win-less season.
UL Lafayette...yeah right.

Despite the two losses since my last post, my ranking has actually improved from #121 to #119 lol.

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 08-10-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #245
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
The Jaguars of South Alabama nearly came away with their first victory of the season, but we did a wonderful job of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

We couldn't hold a 24-17 lead in the fourth quarter when Arkansas St. drove down the field and tied it with a 1:37 left. We promptly throw an interception trying to win the game. But then Arkansas State gives the ball right back to us on an interception. Then we end regulation with....an interception.

In overtime, we won the toss and chose defense. Arkansas State made it a 31-24 game in two plays. We go four and out and drop to 0-8 on the year.

The only good news is that two of the four visiting prospects decided to commit anyways to us despite the result. Brings our class size to 7 commits for a ranking of 75th.

Next game we play Navy....don't see a win there.
UL Monroe....doubtful.
Georgia State....our best shot at avoiding a win-less season.
UL Lafayette...yeah right.

Despite the two losses since my last post, my ranking has actually improved from #121 to #119 lol.
Man, that's rough! My worst season at Georgia State so far has been 3-9. 1-1 in year 5 but have an average record of 5-7 over the first 4 years!

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »