Home

Defence is broken..

This is a discussion on Defence is broken.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #401
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Defence is broken..

Guys please post pics of your end game stats. I got in touch with Simfball and he is going to pass the thread on to the devs to look over. So post your data so they have something to look over.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Phobia; 07-12-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #402
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Yes, this is exactly what I am seeing. Here is a video where the cpu is controlling the LB (I was controlling a CB), and the LB is actually in a QB spy—not even a hook zone or anything. Why the heck does he just sit there when the QB takes off and just let him have seven yards? You're playing linebacker not red rover! Go attack your man! Every yard counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Yea this seems to be a problem. I was noticing last night I was pressing the WR with a DB that had a bump rating 15 points higher than the WR release rating and my DB literally never won a battle. Every snap he would get shrug to side and be 3 yards behind on any route the WR ran.
This could be strength related?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
This could be strength related?
I'm not entirely sure that is the case though. I'll go over it more this weekend for a better break down.

Now as far as the coverage issue, I think it has more to do with the way defenders now have to gather speed to get moving. So when a WR cuts they have a predetermined cut animation which triggers and keeps them running pretty quick. The DB does not have this animation per se' so when they change direction it is with the new foot planting then building back up speed thus putting them behind the WR.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #404
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
Defense is NOWHERE near broken. My Defense is top in the league and I am KENT STATE. It is a change this year with decent blocking and the physics. You will get used to it.

But broken? That is hyperbole. Defense is much better this year. You remember last year right?!?!

If this thread was called, "Penalties like Offsides and Holding are broken." Then I would 100% agree with you.
When LBs and DBs playing zone defense sit still as if frozen, while a QB runs right by them 10-20yds down field.........Defense is Broken.........I dont care how you want to spin it!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #405
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Guys please post pics of your end game stats. I got in touch with Simfball and he is going to pass the thread on to the devs to look over. So post your data so they have something to look over.

Thanks!
I'll toss one crazy one from last night, though today in nFUT, I had a pretty good defensive game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #406
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

If, I was creator of thread I'd throw all the picture in the first post, but I can't so I'm just going to combine them here for now.

I'm not adding the ones that have slider tweaks since those don't represent the default out the box game.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #407
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

people need to post what difficulties they are playing on.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #408
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisasticup
people need to post what difficulties they are playing on.
We need default modes like default AA and heisman vs CPU. Then default stats from Hum vs Hum games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »