Home

No Huddle Takes Over The World

This is a discussion on No Huddle Takes Over The World within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
No Huddle Takes Over The World

Is it just me, or does almost every team run no huddle in 14?

Obviously not every team, but I played 13 last week and every once in a while I'd run into a no huddle team. Played 1 season in Dynasty and out of 11 games at least 9 of them ran no huddle.

I was playing with ODU and put them in Conf. USA instead of being an independent.

VT- no huddle
OKSt-no huddle
Southern Miss- no huddle
ECU- no huddle
FAU- no huddle
FIU- no huddle
Louisiana Tech-no huddle
Marshall- no huddle
UAB- no huddle
UVA- didn't run it
North Texas-didn't run it

I've only played that one year in Conf USA and played just those out of conference games.

Is this the new norm with other conferences, or is there a setting I have checked off somewhere that I can fix? It's hard to believe that college football has had that drastic of a shift.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Rookie

jejones's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No Huddle Takes Over The World

If this is the case, his the offense not having fatigue still an issue? I remember in 13 a team could no huddle me to death without getting tired
Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

CPU no huddle gets their players hurt like crazy

Face palm

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

I finally remembered how to fix this, same way I addressed the issue of way too much no huddle/hurry-up in '13.

Go into Coaching options and edit the philosophy of the CPU HC and OC! I was so sick of facing so many no huddle teams, that it was becoming a major buzzkill. It was no fun having to defense with my Dime package 80% of the time and hardly ever getting my other LB's on the field.

In my offline Dynasty, I was 10-1 going into the Iron Bowl vs Auburn. Auburn is a spread, no-huddle team, so I adjusted HC Gus Malzahn's hurry up philosophy from "aggressive" to "conservative". I also did this for the OC, as his was set to aggressive also.

The game played great! The CPU ran exactly ZERO hurry up plays! It actually played like a realistic football game, rather than backyard cheesiness. I'm really glad that setting/option works as it's supposed to.

It was also the best game I've played on 14, but I must add that it's also the first game I've played since whatever retail patch or tuner since I played off disc today (was using season ticket before)

Anyway, I barely won, 23-20 in OT. Auburn (CPU) was very effective at running, both the dual threat QB and HB. Tre Mason was injured and did not play, but even the backup HB had a good game. CPU ran for 193 yards, and that makes me very pleased.

In closing, being able to address the issue I had with way too much no huddle will go a long way into making this game much more enjoyable for me and my play style preferences.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

College football in general is pretty much no-huddle almost all of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Rookie

jett05's Arena

IF you run Auburn in that no huddle and coming out the spread they are actually decent
Old 07-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

In the demo, I felt like all I was playing against was the no huddle (Oregon, TAMU, Ohio State, V-Tech).

To get my bearings, if they were moving too quickly to select plays, either call of TO or go to the Buddy Ryan school of pissing people off.. take a penalty!

I liked Buddy Ryan's 14 man defense idea. Take an absolutely intentional penalty to stop the game.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
In my offline Dynasty, I was 10-1 going into the Iron Bowl vs Auburn. Auburn is a spread, no-huddle team, so I adjusted HC Gus Malzahn's hurry up philosophy from "aggressive" to "conservative". I also did this for the OC, as his was set to aggressive also.

The game played great! The CPU ran exactly ZERO hurry up plays! It actually played like a realistic football game,
This is a good thing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »