Home

NCAA 14 Clock Question...Anything Like Madden?

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Clock Question...Anything Like Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
NCAA 14 Clock Question...Anything Like Madden?

Sorry if this have been answered but I'm just too lazy to scroll through a bunch of pages just to get an answer but does NCAA 14 still have accelerated clock....or if there is a madden type runoff in the clock. That would give us some real stats cause let's be honest if we played 10-15 minute quarters we'll put up 100+ easily in NCAA but if it had the same clock as Madden it'll balance out in 10-15 minute quarters and imagine how good the stats would look...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 14 Clock Question...Anything Like Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Sorry if this have been answered but I'm just too lazy to scroll through a bunch of pages just to get an answer but does NCAA 14 still have accelerated clock....or if there is a madden type runoff in the clock. That would give us some real stats cause let's be honest if we played 10-15 minute quarters we'll put up 100+ easily in NCAA but if it had the same clock as Madden it'll balance out in 10-15 minute quarters and imagine how good the stats would look...
I haven't noticed, but I wanted to reply anyway. 10-15 minute quarters seems like a gigantic waste of time IMO. It's much more efficient, realistic, and fun to play 5 or 6 minute quarters with more realistic scores and stats. Plus, playing a full 60 minute game (which would honestly take longer than 60 minutes) would get boring and would burn most people out of the game quickly. There is an accelerated clock, but I think Madden's is a little better if that's the answer you're looking for. I really can't tell a huge difference if there is a big difference. I feel like I have less time to hot route on NCAA before the play clock winds down than I do on Madden if that tells you anything.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32
9 min quarters are going to give you 130 plays or so, give or take a few. 15 min is just too long for NCAA
Old 07-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
I haven't noticed, but I wanted to reply anyway. 10-15 minute quarters seems like a gigantic waste of time IMO. It's much more efficient, realistic, and fun to play 5 or 6 minute quarters with more realistic scores and stats. Plus, playing a full 60 minute game (which would honestly take longer than 60 minutes) would get boring and would burn most people out of the game quickly. There is an accelerated clock, but I think Madden's is a little better if that's the answer you're looking for. I really can't tell a huge difference if there is a big difference. I feel like I have less time to hot route on NCAA before the play clock winds down than I do on Madden if that tells you anything.
If it's anything like Madden 10-15 on very slow and with the right sliders imo it'll be perfect and not a waste of time.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
9 min quarters are going to give you 130 plays or so, give or take a few. 15 min is just too long for NCAA

Have you tried playing on Madden with 10 minute quarters on very slow and adjust the clock setting..? You will know it's perfect...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #6
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

In Madden with runoff around 12-14 minute quarters is about right. In NCAA with no runoff you want about 9-11 minute quarters.

Which brings up another point; why why why hasn't accelerated clock made it into NCAA? Why? It's like not having a shot clock in College Hoops 2K8 but having on in NBA 2K8. It makes no sense.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
In Madden with runoff around 12-14 minute quarters is about right. In NCAA with no runoff you want about 9-11 minute quarters.

Thank you! These people commenting on this thread about how it makes no sense or it is a gigantic waste of time obviously never tried it on Madden to know what we are talking about...In Madden 10-15 minutes with the right clock adjustment gives you realistic stats...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »