Home

Just got a free copy of the PS3 version for the no halftime show on 360

This is a discussion on Just got a free copy of the PS3 version for the no halftime show on 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Just got a free copy of the PS3 version for the no halftime show on 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I would have thought ever since the PS2 days, people would have known that if your console don't have a physical hard drive, you won't be able to watch halftimes shows in sports games. Considering you know, it been that way since the PS2 days when Xbox had halftime shows because they had a hard drive and PS2 version didn't unless you put in a physical hard drive into the system.

Same thing applies this gen. 4GB version of Xbox 360 isn't a mechanical hard drive, it is nothing but an internal flash drive. And no you don't have to install the game to your hard drive either, you just need an actual physical hard drive.
Like I said, I bought it used because I kept getting RROD on my old 360, I was about to fork over a bunch of money when the only games I'm going to play on the 360 until the XBOX One comes out is NCAA and GTA V. I'll be able to install GTA, so that won't be a problem.
There should have been some sort of warning if the halftime shows weren't going to work on ALL consoles.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogators
Like I said, I bought it used because I kept getting RROD on my old 360, I was about to fork over a bunch of money when the only games I'm going to play on the 360 until the XBOX One comes out is NCAA and GTA V. I'll be able to install GTA, so that won't be a problem.
There should have been some sort of warning if the halftime shows weren't going to work on ALL consoles.
I'm pretty sure you need to install GTA V on a hard drive. Just go to gamestop and pick up a hard drive for the console.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #11
Rookie

gogators's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
I'm pretty sure you need to install GTA V on a hard drive. Just go to gamestop and pick up a hard drive for the console.
If that's the case, I'll purchase it on PS3. Halo 4 was a mandatory install and it ran off my 16 GB thumb drive. I just found this about GTA V

Softpedia "This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space. If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
I see the halftime shows and don't have my game installed to my XBox.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
Rookie

MrYaz's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
I see the halftime shows and don't have my game installed to my XBox.
Yeah, same here. I see it during Dynasty/RTG games.

Now, If installing it would speed up these damn loading times, i'd be all over it.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

this is normal for sports games past few years,if you dont have a harddrive you wont get all the same extended replays,halftime shows,after game replays,ea an 2k been doin that this gen all along,has nothin to do with installing the game
Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Load times aren't terrible and as long as you have an actual hard drive , you don't have to install anything to your XBOX to see halftime shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
Rookie

gogators's Arena

Yeah, like I said, it's because I have the 4GB XBOX and it doesn't have enough room to cache. Lesson learned, but I;m not throwing around a bunch of money to upgrade a 360 I just bought with the X1 about to come out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »