Home

NCAA 14 Worth the Cash???

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Worth the Cash??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 14 Worth the Cash???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I didnt buy madden for 5 years until last year. Madden 13 was great. Maybe I'm the only one around here to realize that football video games cant ever possibly re-create the real thing 100% but with a good set of sliders madden 13 was amazing. Could it have been better? yes but from the crap they had put out it was a great game, and you're a jaded individual if you think it was anything but good.

I think the exact same way. They can't possibly recreate the real thing 100%, but people seem to think they should. I didn't think Madden 13 was as great as you, but I thought it was very good.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Are you saying 250 rushing yards per game is too high or too low? Army led the nation with 369 rushing yards per game in 2012. Washington State was the worst with 29.

This is easily the best NCAA football title this generation (or any generation come to think of it). I'd say it's definitely worth the $60. This is from a college football fan. Not so much NFL.
Way too low. There has only been one year where the team that led the nation is rushing was under 300ypg and they were at 292. The last several years the sim engine has been broken in this category and I'm wondering if that has changed.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
I didnt buy madden for 5 years until last year. Madden 13 was great. Maybe I'm the only one around here to realize that football video games cant ever possibly re-create the real thing 100% but with a good set of sliders madden 13 was amazing. Could it have been better? yes but from the crap they had put out it was a great game, and you're a jaded individual if you think it was anything but good.
I actually agree. For all the bashing Madden took last year I actually thought it was a decent game. I played on default All-Madden sliders and was satifisfied.

My thing is that the sim engine and penalties have been broken for years and yet this area seems like it should be the easiest to fix. But every year it seems like the same old thing. I know sliders can fix gameplay but they can't fix the simulation aspect.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
So he should listen to someone how thinks Madden 13 was amazing? Has their ever been Madden or NCAA Football you didn't like.
Madden 13 was a joke. One of the sloppiest, ugliest, most unplayable football games I've ever played that has so many problems I don't even have time to list them. And this was after they patched it and finally put the things most Madden fans love back into the game after public outcry.

NCAA 14 is worth buying if you can find a deal on ebay. I got mine for $45 w/ free shipping and there were quite a few copies left at this price range last time I checked. If you don't like it then it won't hurt as much when you trade it in for Madden down the road. $60 for a football game is a little ridiculous w/ next gen coming soon

Gameplay is much improved, option running game is a lot of fun, and it's amazing to finally see the blocking work this way. Still has plenty of problems w/ the secondary but sliders help minimize them. Also, college football is an offensive game nowadays so averaging high amount of points and rushing yards isn't out of the ordinary. It feels good when the CPU is able to run the ball and compete b/c that is something I haven't seen happen in quite a while. It was almost impossible to lose to the CPU in M13.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #21
Pro

I know quite a few people have said to buy a discounted or new copy which I would normally do. However, my PS3 stopped playing discs so my only option is to pay the full retail digital copy. I should have mentioned this in the beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #22
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I know quite a few people have said to buy a discounted or new copy which I would normally do. However, my PS3 stopped playing discs so my only option is to pay the full retail digital copy. I should have mentioned this in the beginning.
Sucks. Mine did that a few weeks ago and I just sold the thing. You would have to pay full price and also not have the ability to trade it in later.... pass on it pal
Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

It is actually fun. That is something I haven't been able to say since 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »