Home

Penn St. Dynasty Scenario's (personal experiences)

This is a discussion on Penn St. Dynasty Scenario's (personal experiences) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Penn St. Dynasty Scenario's (personal experiences)

Anyone have any great ideas on how to run the PSU program in Dynasty for the next 3 years?

Basically I am asking if you rolled with PSU...

#1 What did you do to replicate real life?

#2 How much fun did you have with it?

Any feedback would be awesome...

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Penn St. Dynasty Scenario's (personal experiences)

Anyone...

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Keep it as realistic as possible so only recruit a max of 15 players a year, the roster has to be a max of 65 total players, and then just sim the bowl game you get them to and either sim until you lose, or don't accept the trophy if you win. I did this last year (granted PSU is my favorite team) and had a blast. You have a true Freshman QB and backup TE who you can build the program around the next 4 years
Old 07-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

I ignore the sanctions in the game. I haven't been able to land more than 15 recruits in a season yet anyway, but I would if I could. I also ignore the 65 man roster limit. Since the game doesn't have walk-ons, I just treat the extra 5 as walk-ons (I believe a few of the guys in the game are actually walk-ons in real life).

I'm excited about Hackenberg. I thought about redshirting him at first (figuring he'd be 95+ as a redshirt senior), but I ended up starting him.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Rookie

stiets1118's Arena

OVR: 0

I did the same in last years game. Limited to 15 recruits, simmed conf and bowl championship games, declined trophy, and at end of recruitng period, the cpu signed additonal guys for me since i limited to 15, i position changed the ones i didnt recruit to kickers and cut them. Was fun for 4 yrs until my interest died out when football ended.

WE ARE!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVizions
I ignore the sanctions in the game. I haven't been able to land more than 15 recruits in a season yet anyway, but I would if I could. I also ignore the 65 man roster limit. Since the game doesn't have walk-ons, I just treat the extra 5 as walk-ons (I believe a few of the guys in the game are actually walk-ons in real life).

I'm excited about Hackenberg. I thought about redshirting him at first (figuring he'd be 95+ as a redshirt senior), but I ended up starting him.
The game definitely has walk ons...
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Does any one know if it asks you whether or not to accept a bowl invitation? I haven't reached the end of my season and I was planning on declining to create authenticity.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Does any one know if it asks you whether or not to accept a bowl invitation? I haven't reached the end of my season and I was planning on declining to create authenticity.
I don't believe you can. In my WSU dynasty I won the PAC-12 and wasn't able to accept/decline a Rose Bowl bid, I was forced to take it (not that I would decline it).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »