Home

My Bend But Don't Break D

This is a discussion on My Bend But Don't Break D within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
My Bend But Don't Break D

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
What offense do you run? That's the last thing I need to decide on before I start my dynasty? There are so many I want to try out. A lot of time I base my dynasty decisions on which offense I want to run.
I'm running a pro style but typically run a spread when I'm doing a 1-star career type dynasty since that O is designed, in my opinion, to give weaker teams a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by NoleFan; 12-18-2020 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: My Bend But Don't Break D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm running a pro style but typically run a spread when I'm doing a 1-star career type dynasty since that O is design, in my opinion, to give weaker teams a chance!

I always like to start my dynasties as an OC at a 1 star program and work my way up. I have read in th eforums about some of the dynasty issues but hopefully I can look over those and have fun with it.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
I always like to start my dynasties as an OC at a 1 star program and work my way up. I have read in th eforums about some of the dynasty issues but hopefully I can look over those and have fun with it.
In years past (and this one is no different) many of the issues that people are having don't impact us as a coach mode/cpu vs cpu community

Old 07-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
In years past (and this one is no different) many of the issues that people are having don't impact us as a coach mode/cpu vs cpu community

Excuse me for my ignorance but I did not know there was a coach mode in this game. Can you tell me or at least point me in the right direction on knowing the basics of using coach mode? Sounds like fun. You caught my attention when you said certain issues don't affect coach mode players.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Excuse me for my ignorance but I did not know there was a coach mode in this game. Can you tell me or at least point me in the right direction on knowing the basics of using coach mode? Sounds like fun. You caught my attention when you said certain issues don't affect coach mode players.
On the controller select screen after picking your team change the control scheme to coach. Once in game you just call the plays and snap the ball. Your players take care of the rest.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
On the controller select screen after picking your team change the control scheme to coach. Once in game you just call the plays and snap the ball. Your players take care of the rest.

Thanks. Seems simple. Have you seen realistic and fun result with 14 so far? I bet it is a relief that certain gameplay issues are not as much of a problem in coach mode as they would be the other way around.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Thanks. Seems simple. Have you seen realistic and fun result with 14 so far? I bet it is a relief that certain gameplay issues are not as much of a problem in coach mode as they would be the other way around.
Coach mode has been great for me. I've been enjoying it for years but the new 14 bells and whistles make it that much better.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #24
Rookie

WhiskeyBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

We sound like we have similar styles. If you're playing as a bad team (I am Army), you don't really have the option of going man up or blitzing a lot. So, I do what I watched Ohio State do for the last ten years: i run lots of zones and I give up small passes underneath. I make teams complete whole drives to score. The more plays they have to run, the more likely they are to screw up.

On 1st and 2nd downs I tend to run cover two with the corners playing short (I.e. the blue zone boxes near the LOS). On third and longs I will play a cover three, set my defense to watch for the pass, key the furthest receiver away from the ball (the guy most likely to catch one of those deep outs that no one covers). On short yardage downs I will run zone blitzes. I also control a guy who has a zone responsibility in the middle of the field, that way I can react to scrambling QBs better.

I give up probably around two scores per game roughly. I don't play online so I can't tell you how to stop people who play unrealistically or use cheap plays. This is my experience on default AA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »