Home

The NCAA-EA Sports Divorce: Now What?

This is a discussion on The NCAA-EA Sports Divorce: Now What? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
Rookie

maizeblue13's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The NCAA-EA Sports Divorce: Now What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'd say it more or less kills the chances of a licensed college basketball game for the time being. The NCAA owns the rights to March Madness and other college basketball trademarks.
Yeah but in a potential college basketball game, instead of calling it March Madness, they could just say, College Tournament or something
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

At the end of the day, as long as EA Sports turns a profit, they're unlikely going to let a profitable game die.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

With the NCAA out of the picture, does this mean we can now have fans rush the field and tear down the goalposts after the game. I guess we can't put schools on probation though.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

May work out for the best for us gamers I believe. Now EA dont have to follow such strict rules, such as celebrations.

Last edited by Earl1963; 07-18-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
Rookie

JLL84's Arena

OVR: 1

A lot of people think in the next 10 years the NCAA will fail to exist (at least as we have known it). With the class action lawsuits and the threat of the big boys leaving to create their own governing body. The NCAA could be in trouble, I think NCAA 15 could be a great predictor of their future. For example, will some schools hesitate to go forward without the NCAA's involvement and more importantly will others be more willing? This could be key, the ones who are more likely could be a not so subtle hint on the schools and/or Conferences that are more open to leaving the NCAA all together. Based on their recent comments I fully expect the SEC to have no issues going against the NCAA, but what about the others? NCAA 15 could clue us all in.

Next years game could signal which schools are more likely/less likely to join the long rumored breakup of the NCAA. This breakup would most likely be a league of all the big boys: SEC, Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12, and ACC . Another interesting part of the process will be the money. For example, will the SEC, more specifically Bama, UF, LSU, and some of the other historic powers Ohio St, Michigan, USC, etc ask for outrageous money for their schools trademarks? If they do and succeed it could just intensify their desire to leave. Once schools see the money they can get without the NCAA taking its slice things could really accelerate. Just a few thoughts, admittedly I'm not extremely educated on all the factors involved, so I could be way off base, just figured I would throw it out. Needless to say this is a story I will keep an eye on.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
Rookie

This Is Michigan's Arena

OVR: 0

Denard Robinson is the final NCAA Football cover athlete.....amazing.

Perhaps the new game can go all out. Raunchy celebrations, rushing the field, more roster space, more freedom with uniforms, sanctions and real team discipline for getting caught by coach smoking weed.

Jacking my team's player ratings up since 2003.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL84
A lot of people think in the next 10 years the NCAA will fail to exist (at least as we have known it). With the class action lawsuits and the threat of the big boys leaving to create their own governing body. The NCAA could be in trouble, I think NCAA 15 could be a great predictor of their future. For example, will some schools hesitate to go forward without the NCAA's involvement and more importantly will others be more willing? This could be key, the ones who are more likely could be a not so subtle hint on the schools and/or Conferences that are more open to leaving the NCAA all together. Based on their recent comments I fully expect the SEC to have no issues going against the NCAA, but what about the others? NCAA 15 could clue us all in.

Next years game could signal which schools are more likely/less likely to join the long rumored breakup of the NCAA. This breakup would most likely be a league of all the big boys: SEC, Big 10, Pac 12, Big 12, and ACC . Another interesting part of the process will be the money. For example, will the SEC, more specifically Bama, UF, LSU, and some of the other historic powers Ohio St, Michigan, USC, etc ask for outrageous money for their schools trademarks? If they do and succeed it could just intensify their desire to leave. Once schools see the money they can get without the NCAA taking its slice things could really accelerate. Just a few thoughts, admittedly I'm not extremely educated on all the factors involved, so I could be way off base, just figured I would throw it out. Needless to say this is a story I will keep an eye on.
Totally agree with this. The NCAA will be dead within 10 years. The conferences have all the power and money now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Im thinking theres more to the story that were not hearing then just that stupid lawsuit. Maybe the NCAA doesn't think EA is representing there product good enough. Who knows but i think its great maybe it will give EA a kick in the shorts and strive to make a better game instead of the norm.

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »