Home

EA Sports License Extended with CLC For Three More Years, Starting July 1, 2014

This is a discussion on EA Sports License Extended with CLC For Three More Years, Starting July 1, 2014 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #25
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports License Extended with CLC For Three More Years, Starting July 1, 2014

I really hope another developer jumps in and makes a college football or basketball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I'm surprised by this but I shouldn't be...the power of money, but the same problem still exists. One video game publisher holding all the cards (for now) to publish the only licensed college football game on the market. We keep our college football game, but does it get better?

Hopefully the fact that it it's non-exclusive will encourage other devs to jump in the mix.
if 2k wanted to dish out the money they could sign a deal with this license company as well seeing it's not a ea only deal but at this point i don't think 2k cares to make another football game they put all their money into nba games.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #27
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Re: EA Sports Licensed Extended with CLC For Three Years, Starting July 1, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Good news! Interesting that it's non-exclusive too.
Ditto.

Thanks for posting this, Steve. This should put to bed all the concerns about EA not moving forward with the college football franchise.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #28
Rookie

Re: EA Sports License Extended with CLC For Three More Years, Starting July 1, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbosliceGB
if 2k wanted to dish out the money they could sign a deal with this license company as well seeing it's not a ea only deal but at this point i don't think 2k cares to make another football game they put all their money into nba games.
It's not all about having the money. They have to feel like they'd make a profit on an annual basis, and given that they'd have to dust off that old engine, PLUS get it up to speed with what's expected in sports gaming today, PLUS do all this on the next gen.

Yeah, I doubt we see them going the football route. College basketball though, IDK if that's related to the CLC, but that may stand a better chance.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #29
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Another of the many factors against another competitor joining the CFB market is this contact is 5 years, perhaps not coincidentally thats how long EA is barred from exclusivity and they could pursue it again when this new deal is renewed - shutting out a competitor or forcing them to generic-up their game.

This new deal also signals a missed opportunity for someone else to get exclusivity for themselves and shut EA out, however unlikely that possibility.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 23

Couple of tweets from Pastapadre on this:

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 1h
Though EA and CLC extended for 3 years some schools have opted out meaning they may not be in the college football game. Dont know who yet

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 1h
I'll have more on this and the potential of institutions choosing not to be in video games in a story tomorrow.

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 38m
Keep in mind schools could opt out of CLC deal in order to negotiate their own and get more $. More likely they dont want involvement though
Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

If teams are missing, that would absolutely kill the game for me. I know some people can ignore it and use teambuilder but I can't. Hopefully something gets worked out, but this whole situation looks like it can implode any second.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
If teams are missing, that would absolutely kill the game for me. I know some people can ignore it and use teambuilder but I can't. Hopefully something gets worked out, but this whole situation looks like it can implode any second.
I'm telling you guys, this could all go south real quick. The bad situation may end up only being temporary, but could be enough to kill the whole thing going forth. I wouldn't count on anything at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »