Home

QBs WAYYYYYYY too accurate(VIDEO PROOF)

This is a discussion on QBs WAYYYYYYY too accurate(VIDEO PROOF) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: QBs WAYYYYYYY too accurate(VIDEO PROOF)

Georgia State Qb ain't scared of no Alabama

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #26
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Disclaimer: This post won't mean anything to online guys.

I haven't tested this fully in '14, but it seems to be the same as in '13. The QBA slider is broken in dynasty/play now games. You could set it to 0 and still complete a high %. But if you test this in practice you can see what the slider is supposed to be like. You won't complete ANY passes to your intended receiver in practice with QBA set to 0 because the slider actually works in this mode, and only this mode.
Here is a quick video I made in practice mode of NCAA '14 with QBA set to 0. I didn't complete any passes (to my intended receiver) as I missed him by at least 5 yards every time. The TE is running a simple IN route right across the middle of the field and I didn't use any precision passing or anything as I simply held the "A" button and missed terribly.

Anywho, assuming that EA doesn't fix this broken slider (they never did in '13) here's what I did in '13 in my offline to combat this. I lowered the THA rating of every QB on my team and every one that I recruited. In '13 I lowered it by 15 but I haven't come up with a good number yet for '14 but I'll start with -15. This worked nicely to lower my completion %s.
You can see here the difference that it made (the red was before I started subtracting THA and the blue was the years after I started subtracting THA):

Again, this doesn't help you for online matches or ODs, but it worked great for me in my offline dynasty and I fully plan to do it for my '14 offline, assuming that EA doesn't fix the broken slider. 1 caveat is that lowering your QB's THA slider will lower their OVR which makes them less likely to go pro early. Since I didn't want to have my studs stick around longer than they should I always edited my QBs that could go pro back to where they should be (by adding 15 to their THA) right after my bowl game. Then if they went pro I'd let them. If they didn't, then I'd subtract 15 THA at the beginning of the next year again.
How in the bloddy hell does that happen?
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #27
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden and College Football both need to either add a Qb meter in the game, bring back the vision cone (an improved version), or make is so the Qb's can't see the entire field. They need to do something to differentiate the Qb's more, right now all of them throw like Tom Brady.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #28
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Check out this accuracy lmfao

Old 07-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #29

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

On top of the fact it was accurate it was a 40+ yard throw. smh
Old 07-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #30
Pro

der juicen's Arena

Part of my post was cut off for accidentally keeping an off topic going, but I was saying: If you're able to get pressure via DL, you have a much better chance of scaring an online opponent into under/over/interception throwing. Not so much for CPU though.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #31
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

I think people are a little too critical with this game, after all it is a video game. I think this year's game is the best in a while, and if you use sliders offline you won't run into this problem that often. Just gotta enjoy it for what it's worth, which is a fun video game experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #32
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

Excellent video. Proves that it's not just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »