Home

Capture Card for NCAA Football Screens

This is a discussion on Capture Card for NCAA Football Screens within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Capture Card for NCAA Football Screens

I'm playing on a PS3 with an HDMI cable, and looking for an HD capture card that works well with my Mac laptop... I'm sure there are plenty of users on here that have this set up, and figured this would be the best place to go especially with our huge thread. I've checked OS for similar threads but there's hardly any feedback, and if there is - it's very dated info.

I'm not really interested in video capture that much - just capturing HD images like those in the Photographic thread (because EA Sports World is terrible quality).

Any suggestions, additional info, or tips?

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-20-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Capture Card for NCAA Football Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzbro
I'm playing on a PS3 with an HDMI cable, and looking for an HD capture card that works well with my Mac laptop... I'm sure there are plenty of users on here that have this set up, and figured this would be the best place to go especially with our huge thread. I've checked OS for similar threads but there's hardly any feedback, and if there is - it's very dated info.

I'm not really interested in video capture that much - just capturing HD images like those in the Photographic thread (because EA Sports World is terrible quality).

Any suggestions, additional info, or tips?
I'm sure most people are using the Haupaugge HD PVR and grabbing screens from the captured video. (Know u don't want vid capture, just saying this is most common way)
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html
Old 07-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Here's the one I am saving up for..

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/

Comes with free, professional video editing software, and includes all the cables you need with it.

Also with the flip of a switch you can live stream.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Quick as lightning

TexanCam's Arena

OVR: 8

I use an Elgato Game Capture HD. I like it much more than the Hauppauge really. Not as bulky and has a cleaner interface. Livestream to Twitch is easy as well. Comes with everything. I would stay away from the Roxio personally. I don't think it's as good as the Elgato or Hauppauge.

http://www.elgato.com/gaming/game-capture-hd
2014 (3-9) Some things are better left unsaid...
UTSA
2015 (0-0)
Old 07-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Here's the one I am saving up for..

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/hd-pro/

Comes with free, professional video editing software, and includes all the cables you need with it.

Also with the flip of a switch you can live stream.
So while you play the game, you have the capture card plugged into a laptop for hd space, or does that actually have storage?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCam
I use an Elgato Game Capture HD. I like it much more than the Hauppauge really. Not as bulky and has a cleaner interface. Livestream to Twitch is easy as well. Comes with everything. I would stay away from the Roxio personally. I don't think it's as good as the Elgato or Hauppauge.
Don't have this, but based on the reviews I've read on Amazon appears to be one of the best on the market. A little expensive in my opinion, but I like that it uses no power source, and can be used with a laptop.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCam

http://www.elgato.com/gaming/game-capture-hd
Alright, I've looked up all these mentioned in thread and Elgato seems like the best/simplest to set up... although $180 is going to suck. Given that it's pretty easy to hookup w/PS3 and goes right to my MacBook is a big selling point. I may go pick it up later and mess around with it.

Thanks everyone!
Old 07-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned

Don't get Roxio get a Haupauge..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »