Home

Seems like there is a big Dynasty simming Glitch

This is a discussion on Seems like there is a big Dynasty simming Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
They had the same issue last year. User teams had a great advantage in siming. I had a created team, rated the absolute lowest, go undefeated by year 2. Had Ohio winning NC's every year after the first couple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: Seems like there is a big Dynasty simming Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Well, and I feel you guy's have a point and my take is, a 90 OVR Cinci team should not be equal to say... a 90 OVR LSU team. You have completely different caliber of player's on those 2 teams.
Why wouldn't they be equal? They r both rated 90. Just bc LSU is considered a "national" powerhouse doesn't mean they can't have years where their overall talent isn't at a high level. I know you we're just them as an example but a 90 Boise State team is just as good as a 90 Ohio State team IMO.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
How are you guys simming? Are you simply simming by going to the next week (i.e. hitting the advance week button) or are you going into the game and then auto-simming? If you haven't tried the latter, then you might want to...just make sure your sliders are even. Maybe that will help.....
When you say auto-simming do you mean Super sim? Bc I just go into scores and schedules menu and sim from there. And has anyone seen sliders work in super sim? Bc what I've read super sim is really busted. It doesn't seem to matter what you set your coach philosophy at except for off playbook, the game does what it wants (ie changing defensive strategy to pass heavy for passing teams or run heavy for running teams)
Old 07-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
sliders.

they work for simmed results too
Can anyone confirm this? That would be nice but I suspect this isn't true.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornFan78
Why wouldn't they be equal? They r both rated 90. Just bc LSU is considered a "national" powerhouse doesn't mean they can't have years where their overall talent isn't at a high level. I know you we're just them as an example but a 90 Boise State team is just as good as a 90 Ohio State team IMO.
Coaching is the most important thing in real life. A well coached 90 rated team should beat a sloppy 90 rated team. I don't know if the sim engine takes coaching into effect at all, but it really should.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #30
Rookie

kolson82's Arena

I do a mix of sim and playing the games, and I find the sliders give great results. I've had a few wacky games, sure (but that's college football), but for the most part, the sim results are pretty legit. I'm playing an offline dynasty with Duke. I started out as Tulane's OC and was hired by Duke after two years of winning and putting up big numbers in conference USA.

When I was hired by Duke they were 1 star but had some players on offense (like an 88 overall) but the defense was terrible. My first year--on my offense alone--I was able to win 8 games. I was winning games by scores of 46-44 and such, which is about right considering the playbook I created for my offense (a mix of Air Raid and Read Option). Yeah, I would have some games where my stud WR had 14 catches for 200 yards, but I seem to recall that Rice had a WR a few years back that consistently did that (or at least was their only targeted WR) because he was the only option they had, and in a weak conference, he was good enough to put up those numbers.

I feel like my dynasty is going great with heisman sliders and a mix of sim and playing the tough games. It took me 5 years at Duke, but I finally won the conference. That seems like a reasonable amount of time to rebuild a conference with an offense that the game was consistently rating as a B+ or A-. In all but like two of my dynasty years, the team that has won the National Championship had a loss. I like that EA fixed the problem from last year's game of every team going undefeated and having be a crapshoot at the end of the year.

So the tl;dr version: I haven't had any problems with dynasty sim, and I actually think it's been greatly improved from last year, giving me competitive, realistic results when I sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »