Home

2-4-5 Defense

This is a discussion on 2-4-5 Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0
2-4-5 Defense

So during the course of Ultimate Team, I've realized I REALLY suck at stopping the pass against some of these teams. There's always someone who gets loose. So I was thinking I should put in a CB or S at DL, and manually control him and drop back each play, usually from my base 3-3-5 defense. I don't think there is any 2-4-5 play in the game by default. If there is could someone tell me lol. I could use that play as my base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but there is a play in 4-2-5 normal called max zone I think that has all but the DT's dropping into coverage

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: 2-4-5 Defense

There isnt a 2-4-5 but you can use the 4-2-5 and set it to LB Pass Rush. It replaces DE's with LB's. Those LB's will be the 3's and 4's so it wont do much having them in coverage because their coverage skills suck but blitzing them will help by giving the QB's less time to make a throw.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #4
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlewis
There isnt a 2-4-5 but you can use the 4-2-5 and set it to LB Pass Rush. It replaces DE's with LB's. Those LB's will be the 3's and 4's so it wont do much having them in coverage because their coverage skills suck but blitzing them will help by giving the QB's less time to make a throw.
This is what I've been using. However, I play as a LB and spy the QB due to the improved running prowess......I've been burned too often by a QB taking off for a first down.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Thanks men and or women. That last post reminds me, how do you set up a QB spy? And also, why not strategy forum like Madden had???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
So during the course of Ultimate Team, I've realized I REALLY suck at stopping the pass against some of these teams. There's always someone who gets loose. So I was thinking I should put in a CB or S at DL, and manually control him and drop back each play, usually from my base 3-3-5 defense. I don't think there is any 2-4-5 play in the game by default. If there is could someone tell me lol. I could use that play as my base.
There's a 2-3-6 formation...it's one less LB but you could just take control of the SS if you were worried about the run & play him like a backer
Old 07-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

There is a 2-4-5 in Wisconsin's 3-4 playbook in the nickel package.

I use cover three a lot and hot route one of the rushing OLB to a short zone and control them to patrol the middle of the field. This ends up forcing a lot of coverage sacks. CPU will still find guys open, though.

Against a team with a QB likely to scramble I will hot route the other OLB to either contain or QB spy.

To set a player to QB Spy, select them pre-play, press A, press right on right thumbstick.

To set player to short zone, select them pre-play, press A, press up on left thumbstick.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I am pretty sure a lot of 2-4-5 formations in Nickel have a 9-velcro play, is that what you are talking about?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »