Home

Can't Stop the Run in my Sim Dynasty

This is a discussion on Can't Stop the Run in my Sim Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can't Stop the Run in my Sim Dynasty

I am in year 2023 in my Sim only dynasty. I started with South Alabama then went to Colorado for two years then went to Ok St and now I'm in my third year with Wyoming. I was fired at Ok St after two years for going 6-7 both years even though it had been 5 years since they went to a bowl game.

Every year my offense avgs around 30 points a game but my defense gives up godly amounts of points and we are always toward the bottom of the NCAA ranking stopping the run. I mean we gave up 323 yards on 43 carries to UNLV earlier today.

I have tried everything from changing schemes to changing my coaching philosophy and nothing is working. I have always recruited good players even here at Wyoming I have recruited two top 25 classes and putting the finishing touches on my third class ranked in top 25. But if I don't win 2 more games out of 3 I'm probably going to get fired( I went 4-8 both years and now I'm 4-5 now) my target is 6 wins per seasons and my job security is getting low.

Does someone have any advice on how to change my defensive set up to help me stop the run. I currently am trying the 4-3 defense. It can get frustrating since I can easily stop the run if I play but I'm just trying to burn time before my OD starts up and plus I like doing a sim only dynasty it's fun building small teams up and eventually getting the dream job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Can't Stop the Run in my Sim Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghadi10
I am in year 2023 in my Sim only dynasty. I started with South Alabama then went to Colorado for two years then went to Ok St and now I'm in my third year with Wyoming. I was fired at Ok St after two years for going 6-7 both years even though it had been 5 years since they went to a bowl game.

Every year my offense avgs around 30 points a game but my defense gives up godly amounts of points and we are always toward the bottom of the NCAA ranking stopping the run. I mean we gave up 323 yards on 43 carries to UNLV earlier today.

I have tried everything from changing schemes to changing my coaching philosophy and nothing is working. I have always recruited good players even here at Wyoming I have recruited two top 25 classes and putting the finishing touches on my third class ranked in top 25. But if I don't win 2 more games out of 3 I'm probably going to get fired( I went 4-8 both years and now I'm 4-5 now) my target is 6 wins per seasons and my job security is getting low.

Does someone have any advice on how to change my defensive set up to help me stop the run. I currently am trying the 4-3 defense. It can get frustrating since I can easily stop the run if I play but I'm just trying to burn time before my OD starts up and plus I like doing a sim only dynasty it's fun building small teams up and eventually getting the dream job
Well I don't know if it's considered cheesing, but I have found success using the 4-2-5, and running the safety blitzes in the 4-2-5 formations. These can be used to pressure the QB and stop the run. I have also found that calling these blitzes and setting the DE's (or farthest outside rushers) to QB contain and it keeps the running backs from bouncing to the outside. I'm currently using this setup in year 2 of my Marshall dynasty. In year one, my whole defense was terrible, but in year two, it's been one of the nation's best statistically (I am playing in the C-USA, so that might factor into it).
Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can't Stop the Run in my Sim Dynasty

Thanks for the reply but I'm only recruiting and simming the games I'm not calling any plays

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »