Home

RTG as a RB at Georgia Tech is unplayable

This is a discussion on RTG as a RB at Georgia Tech is unplayable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTG as a RB at Georgia Tech is unplayable

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, DO NOT go to Georgia Tech as a running back in Road to Glory mode. You will almost NEVER touch the ball as the starter.

It took me my whole freshman year to become the starter (I also had to play through my whole High School Senior season to get recruited there) only to find out you never get the ball as the #1 RB. I thought it would be fun to play in the triple option offense, but the play calling and AI makes it impossible to have any fun.

Take my most recent game for instance, we ran the ball 45 times (which is realistic for this school) so you would assume the #1 back had at least maybe 10-15 carries. NOPE here's the breakdown:

#1 QB - 15 carries
#1 FB - 14 Carries
#2 RB - 6 Carries
#2 FB - 6 Carries
#1 RB (Me) - 4 Carries

Incredibly frustrating that I basically played 2 seasons to become the starter and the mode is ruined. So now I have to start over and go somewhere else that runs a normal offense since the triple option play calling and AI is atrocious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Well you didn't give it much of a chance.Maybe you'll get more Carries in your later years or as your skill increases What's your rating?

Sent from Babylon
Old 07-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: RTG as a RB at Georgia Tech is unplayable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBo513
Well you didn't give it much of a chance.Maybe you'll get more Carries in your later years or as your skill increases What's your rating?

Sent from Babylon
89 Overall

I don't mind the QB getting tons of carries, but there is no way that the FB should get so many carries that he gets tired and the BACKUP fullback comes in the game and still gets more carries than me. That's obviously a flaw in the CPU read option AI and won't change so I'm not gonna waste my time lead blocking 99.9% of the game when I picked a RB at a running school so I would get the ball a fair amount as the starter.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Well, to be fair, the FB is the primary runner in that offense. Not saying you shouldn't have seen a few more carries, but he will absolutely lead all backs in touches.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Every back that had major contributions on Georgia Tech's Roster for the 2012 Season had multiple games where they carried the ball 4 or less times.

David Sims - 135 carries, 612 yards.. 3 games with under 8 carries (2 with 4 or less)
Orwin Smith - 79 carries, 682 yards.. 8 games with under 7 carries (2 with 4 or less)
Zach Laskey - 133 carries, 697 yards.. 8 games with under 9 carries (3 with 4 or less)

If you wanted 10-15 carries a game, you don't go to a school that uses up to 14 ball carriers (Yes, they used 14 ball carriers in one game in 2012).

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
Well, to be fair, the FB is the primary runner in that offense. Not saying you shouldn't have seen a few more carries, but he will absolutely lead all backs in touches.
Actual stats from GT last year:
QB - 177 carries
RB1 - 135 Carries
FB - 133 Carries

So no, the primary runner is actually the QB and the FB and RB should be about equal. Where as in RTG the FB is getting about 4x as many carries.

This isn't just off one game either, like I said I played through my whole freshman year as well and the same stats hold true. I wasn't worried about only getting 25 carries for the whole season as the backup RB, but it doesn't look like I'll get much more as the starter.

The starting QB rushed 230 times in my freshman season while the starting RB rushed just 83. (And even a few of those were probably simulated when I was off the field so he probably wouldn't have even got the ball if I actually watched the play live.)
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Every back that had major contributions on Georgia Tech's Roster for the 2012 Season had multiple games where they carried the ball 4 or less times.

David Sims - 135 carries, 612 yards.. 3 games with under 8 carries (2 with 4 or less)
Orwin Smith - 79 carries, 682 yards.. 8 games with under 7 carries (2 with 4 or less)
Zach Laskey - 133 carries, 697 yards.. 8 games with under 9 carries (3 with 4 or less)

If you wanted 10-15 carries a game, you don't go to a school that uses up to 14 ball carriers (Yes, they used 14 ball carriers in one game in 2012).
Yeh the problem with that is that there is NO variance from game to game, it's not like real life where stuff goes different each game. In NCAA the AI calls the same plays over and over and reads each play the same way leading to the same people getting the ball way more frequently than in real life.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

RTG is unplayable. In 13 I went to WSU as a quarterback to play in the Air Raid. Almost every call was a run. The AI playcalling in this mode is horrendous and the mode is unplayable until it's improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »