Home

So what speed threshold is "realistic"?

This is a discussion on So what speed threshold is "realistic"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: So what speed threshold is "realistic"?

You guys still playing on slow speed? Was there an update/patch that fixed the RB stutter step on slow speed? I had to switch to normal gameplay speed to get rid of the RB glitch in the backfield on certain run plays. As far as threshold, I'm playing with it set at 45. Thinking about trying the 95 that Matt threw out there if it really helps with zone and man coverage but it seems like even if that does help with coverage it would nuke break away speed on run plays ya think?

By the way, this is the coldest version of the game I've played in years. I actually played through a whole year of dynasty mode for the first time in what.....seven/eight years. Thats REALLY saying something about this years release. I haven't been able to stomach more than three or four games this whole generation!!

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 07-27-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was always a fan of 50 or lower but I tested out matt's theory of 90 or 95 and it has been great. The coverage is much more realistic and you can still get separation with fast players. This is what eliminated the CPU robo QB issues I was having.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8168
I was always a fan of 50 or lower but I tested out matt's theory of 90 or 95 and it has been great. The coverage is much more realistic and you can still get separation with fast players. This is what eliminated the CPU robo QB issues I was having.
Ok cool, another confirmation. I'm just about to start my second season and I suppose I'll try it out although not as extreme. I'm thinking I'll start with 70 and see what I get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
We use 95, not only does it help separation - it also allows tighter zone and man coverage for both the CPU and User.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8168
Yeah, 95 may not be the most realistic, per se, but it's a necessary evil, IMO, to combat the various holes in the game defensively.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #13
Rookie

john1842msu's Arena

I've been using 40 on slow speed, but was thinking of lowering it a little further. Glad to see others are enjoying 35-25 range.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I like normal speed because I get more plays in during a game and the timing of animations and play outcomes seem to sync up better than on slow. I have speed threshold around 20 or 25 but think anywhere from 20-30 is acceptable.

I don't experience the pass defense issues that many others have so I don't see a reason to level off the speed by bumping things so high. I've got other ways to help combat the passing threat of the CPU that work for me.

Even with threshold on 20, I rarely get breakaway runs because I have CPU run defense set so high, therefore they're in position most of the time.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 3

Anyone finding a good setting that makes the acceleration rating shine?
I feel I've been all over the map with Threshold and the RBA slider, and just cant find anything that shows those guys that have that elite burst.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
We use 95, not only does it help separation - it also allows tighter zone and man coverage for both the CPU and User.
LoL my man let it go, just accept that the games has very big holes in it. I love the fight you have but I it's all for nothing. There's no way 95 threshold is the way to go. If you have found ways to get around EA's horrible design of things why not pass this info to them and see what they say. I think it's all placebo, now the dudes that do the hex editing of things under the hood have something but I think just assumption and seeing things that aren't really there is foolish, please excuse me if you think I'm being rude, I am not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »