Home

Favorite small school

This is a discussion on Favorite small school within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 AM   #25
Rookie

Slayer525's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Favorite small school

Every year I spend countless amount of time trying to find the right sliders for my dynasty and then ultimately deleting said dynasty because I get frustrated...but anyways.

I love Louisiana teams, went to LSU and the games and also ULL games with friends. So I decided to go with Tulane this year. 1998 they went 12-0 and then after that every season has pretty much been a letdown. Once I build them up from a 1* team to at least a 4* I plan on transferring them into to SEC.

Should be funnnnnnnnnnn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #26
Pro

nwfdwill's Arena

OVR: 10

I also enjoy small Louisiana schools. When I don't import Teambuilder, I use Louisiana-Lafayette or Louisiana-Monroe. I recently did a Teambuilder for Nicholls State (where the Mannings host their passing academy) so I'm using them.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #27
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Started a Dynasty with Texas State and I'm enjoying it. They run a pistol offense with a solid HB and veteran QB. They also have a pretty decent defensive backfield which is rare amongst small schools.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6

I went with the Georgia State Panthers. New football program that started in 2010 and this is their first year in Div I FBS, having just joined the Sun Belt Conference. They're a 1 Star with a decent QB, HB and WRs first year. They lose a lot of people after that first season though so a lot of holes to fill. Recruiting isn't too bad although you're competing with SEC and ACC teams for the top recruits.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary
Old 07-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

For me it would definitely have to be Troy. They have almost nothing, but being sandwiched in between FSU,AU, and AL they always end up getting a lot good transfers to hold you over until you can build them up or get a offer from a bigger school.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0
Just started an Eastern Michigan OC- OffDyn they have some nice uni's that about it. Playing there real schedule I beat penn st. 31-26 & the game freezes. Isn't ea wonderful! Always happens I'm the underdog & if I have a good game it'll freeze if I'm no spamming the x button, so the really cool highlights post game i never get to watch for fear of I freezing. So round 2 vs penn st tonight.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 6

So in my first season with Georgia State I went 10-1. Highlights-Lowlights were beating WV 45-42 (No D at all) on a last second FG and getting absolutely throttled by Alabama 49-10. I beat Mid-Tenn State 35-28 in the New Orleans Bowl finishing the season #19. My HB Gerald Howse somehow won the Heisman, my TE Drew Pearson (no relation to the famous Dallas WR) won the Mackey and I won Coach of the Year.

Toward the end of the season I noticed an 80 OVR QB only 12% locked and a 79 OVR WR only 23% so I maxed out both. I ended up signing the QB in the off-season. Unfortunately I wasn't able to land the WR.

Also got some nice transfers in the off-season, the best of which is a Freshman stud HB.
71 carrer INTs (#3 All-Time), 12 ret for TDs (#1 All-Time), 1483 Int Return Yards (#1 All-Time)
Member of NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team (Along with 5 other Steelers)

http://www.nfl.com/history/legends/75th-anniversary

Last edited by BlackNGold; 07-30-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »