Home

Any help would be appreciated

This is a discussion on Any help would be appreciated within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any help would be appreciated

Hey guys.

I just graduated from Robert Morris University IRL so I am going to start a coaching career as their offensive coordinator (downloaded them from teambuilder)

I want to have a realistic coaching career and I know there head coach Joe Walton pretty well (Scheme and personally) in real life. I obviously don't want to be stuck at RMU forever and if I just adopt the pro-style playbook I cant add and subtract plays and formations based on my personnel. I was thinking that I would have a way too indepth backstory that explains that I am the new OC to maximize new quarterback Paul Jones' skills. Jones, as many of you know is a Penn State transfer with two years of eligibility remaining. He was a very highly touted Paterno recruit and is significantly more athletic than past RMU QB's.

With that background I am trying to put together a playbook to suit his skills. I know he was rated by rivals as a Pro-Style QB but in reality he is plenty athletic and built. What I need are suggestions as too what plays/formations to add to a playbook that meet the requirements below. I will check out every suggested formation and add it to the OP list if I think it fits!

Requirements:

-Predominately spread (shotgun, pistol, ace)
-A few power formations mixed in (I Form, Fullhouse, etc)
-Focused more on passing but has plenty of read options (Note: I am hoping to range anywhere between 2000-3000 yds passing and 500-750 yds rushing with Jones to give you an idea of my play balance.)
-System can be run adequately by someone with little to no mobility (In case Jones gets hurt.)

Remember I am not looking to just take another teams playbook but mainly looking for suggestions on formations/plays.

Not to be too particular but I would prefer that this was the template for submitting suggestions:

Formation: XXXXXXXXXX

Recommended Plays: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please don't be afraid to get creative and any and all suggestions are more than welcomed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Any help would be appreciated

You have to start with a current play book as your base so I would start with UTSA then edit it from there.

They have 3 Pistol sets. (Full House, Twins, and a Base)

Full House:
-Read Zone
-Off tackle
-any of the option plays

They have a few shotgun sets as well. (5 wide, spread, 4wide HB weak and strong)

The 4 wide sets with the back lined up on the strong or weak side have tons of great pass plays and a couple of great read option plays.

The playbook also features 3 I-form, 3 offset I-from, and 3 one back sets perfect for the more pro-style sets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »