Home

Which offense do you prefer to use?

This is a discussion on Which offense do you prefer to use? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Which offense do you prefer to use?

So, I started out trying the triple option. I've dabbled in it in past games, but I figured it'd be real fun with the improved option play this year. It is, but after I started easily handling Kentucky with my 63 ovr rated teambuilder team, I figured it might be a little overpowered.

I decided to play around with the pistol instead. I had tried it a few years ago (Don't remember which version. Whichever one where EA touted 120 different offenses or some such thing), and I absolutely could not run the ball out of it. As I like to play a run-first style, I gave up on it. But with the improved option play and blocking, I decided to give it another go.

And it's awesome. The option runs work really well, there are a lot of varied formations, and even the straight up runs by the HB work well. In fact, I recently read an article on how the Redskins are starting to implement the pistol and it talked about how one of the basic plays is a run play where the fullback comes across the quarterback to block on the weak side, creating a seal and a cut back lane for the running back. That play is in the game and works exactly how it's supposed to.

So yeah, loving the pistol right now.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Spread Option is my preferred offense. Fell in love with it when I first saw Pat White and Steve Slaton tearing it up. Just my opinion, but I think Pat White is hands down the best spread option qb to have played in college.

That being said, I run my system based on the personnel. If I inherit a pro style team as a new Head Coach I'll stick to those types of playbooks until I get my recruits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by jarato; 07-31-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #19
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob12
To run in dynasty. the spread? Pro style? Air raid? Do you usually run what your team runs in real life or go with your own?
GEORGIA TECH GEORGIA TECH GEORGIA TECH!!! The flexbone plays so much better in this game than in the past, but there are MAJOR issues when running the hurry-up and audibling to plays out of those formations. But run run run all game long!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #20
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

Pro Style, pocket passer, grind the run and control the clock, conservative, is what I run. But I do see the attraction of a spread offense with a scrambling QB. I might give it a whirl sometime if I happen to land a good dual-threat QB.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 08-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #21
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Pro Style, pocket passer, grind the run and control the clock, conservative, is what I run. But I do see the attraction of a spread offense with a scrambling QB. I might give it a whirl sometime if I happen to land a good dual-threat QB.
That is the way I like it, but I frown upon the spread offenses because to me they are dumbing down the game. The speed at which you make a read on the read option out of shotgun doesn't compare when ran under center out of flexbone or I-form, so coaches drop guys back a few yards.. Paul Johnson has shown how effective and deadly the option can be, and he explains it so well: when the motion guy is directly behind the b-back, you have in that moment an I formation with a WB as a "TE." The things you can do with it are wild, like using a run 'n' shoot mentality with it and busting out 4 WRs!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #22
nWo
Rookie

OVR: 2

Love the spread offense. I can appreciate the I-formation and pro-style offenses and do have fun using those from time to time but at the end of the day, the spread is the most fun for me.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #23
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Run-and-Shoot
Air Raid
Old 08-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 13

Pro Style/West Coast in years past...but if the option works the way they say it should, I want to run the triple option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »