Home

As of right now, my online record is 11-14 with a 35% DNF...

This is a discussion on As of right now, my online record is 11-14 with a 35% DNF... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #25
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: As of right now, my online record is 11-14 with a 35% DNF...

Ps3 guru031139. I use Clemson because that's my team but I play sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yes.

There is a large difference between a real life coach being "cautious and foolish" and a video game player doing whatever they want.

A real life coach has to answer to fans, media, players, and his employers if he makes a dumb decision that costs him a game.

If said coach continues to do that they lose their job.

Playing a video game, you can go for it on 4th and 10 to your hearts content. Maybe you make it 50% of the time, but for those times you don't make it and it costs you you still wake up tomorrow and live your life. You don't have a responsibility to anyone nor do you have answer to anyone.

There is no accountability.

All that being said, it's your game, play it how you want, but there is something to be said for those who wish for a "sim" experience.
A lot of the strategies that most people consider "correct" in real life have been demonstrated over and over to be flawed and outdated. In the Carolina/Atlanta pro game last year, Ron Rivera punted on fourth and 1 on Atlanta's 45 rather than go for the win with Cam Newton. (http://deadspin.com/5947937/was-the-...win-philosophy) Not only was it idiotic strategy, it didn't even work, and he still got praised for doing the "right" thing by some.

If you are playing a game, why are you forced to make the same dumb error? If you want to play in a league where you mandate that kind of sillyness, by all means. But complaining that online players aren't deliberately making mistakes for your benefit is something else.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #27
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
A lot of the strategies that most people consider "correct" in real life have been demonstrated over and over to be flawed and outdated. In the Carolina/Atlanta pro game last year, Ron Rivera punted on fourth and 1 on Atlanta's 45 rather than go for the win with Cam Newton. (http://deadspin.com/5947937/was-the-...win-philosophy) Not only was it idiotic strategy, it didn't even work, and he still got praised for doing the "right" thing by some.

If you are playing a game, why are you forced to make the same dumb error? If you want to play in a league where you mandate that kind of sillyness, by all means. But complaining that online players aren't deliberately making mistakes for your benefit is something else.
Haha Ron Rivera should've went for it in that situation, but at the same time, he believed his defense could've gotten the stop (idk why, this was the Falcons we're talking about; btw I thought they did go for it??)

Idk if I can say it was the right call, simply because of the situation. When Bill Belichick went for it on 4th down on his own 30something yard line, given the situation, the time left on the clock but most importantly Peyton Manning, I would've made the same call too. Now if the defense would've held them to a FG, they still could've won the game, there was about 4 minutes left. Giving the ball to Peyton Manning with that much time AND the entire field... no. Take 30 yards which means shorter time to use shorter field to use, kick a FG and we can win the game with a TD.

I go for it on 4th down, but that's if the FG is too long for my kicker to make and too short for punting to make any real difference. Go for it in your own 40 yard line? You're going to fail, I'm going to score a TD, you're gonna repeat this process, fail again and give up another TD and then turn your Xbox off or take out your wireless adapter. Punt the ball and get the ball back by playing sound defense. True you have 4 opportunities to get 10 yards but lets be serious haha
Old 08-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #28
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
Haha Ron Rivera should've went for it in that situation, but at the same time, he believed his defense could've gotten the stop (idk why, this was the Falcons we're talking about; btw I thought they did go for it??)
He didn't, he punted and downed the ball on the 1 yard line (the best possible outcome) and Atlanta won anyway.

Quote:
Idk if I can say it was the right call, simply because of the situation. When Bill Belichick went for it on 4th down on his own 30something yard line, given the situation, the time left on the clock but most importantly Peyton Manning, I would've made the same call too. Now if the defense would've held them to a FG, they still could've won the game, there was about 4 minutes left. Giving the ball to Peyton Manning with that much time AND the entire field... no. Take 30 yards which means shorter time to use shorter field to use, kick a FG and we can win the game with a TD.
I think you're misremembering the situation. The Pats had a 6 point lead, the clock was stopped at 2:08, it was 4th and 2. Indy had one timeout. (http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0911150clt.htm). A first down comes close to icing the game and eats Indy's one remaining timeout. A punt leaves Indy with about 70-80 yards to cover for the game winning TD. That was at least a closer call, though I would be much more inclined to trust Tom Brady to win me a game than Brandon Meriweather TBH.

Quote:
I go for it on 4th down, but that's if the FG is too long for my kicker to make and too short for punting to make any real difference. Go for it in your own 40 yard line? You're going to fail, I'm going to score a TD, you're gonna repeat this process, fail again and give up another TD and then turn your Xbox off or take out your wireless adapter. Punt the ball and get the ball back by playing sound defense. True you have 4 opportunities to get 10 yards but lets be serious haha
"Sound defense"? Every year in both college and the NFL, offense gets easier. Scores are up across the board. Then you get to the video game, where there are huge threads right on the front page here complaining about how impossible it is to play D, and the decision gets that much easier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »