Home

Using chew clock to keep your opponent from ever touching the ball...

This is a discussion on Using chew clock to keep your opponent from ever touching the ball... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #65
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Using chew clock to keep your opponent from ever touching the ball...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
How is that fun?

If I was 20 and you were 12 years old, I would post you up and dunk on you every time and you wouldn't see the ball! Just sayin!
That is not the situation online. It is not a grown man vs child situation. It is a battle of the minds and if you cannot stop the dive then it is going to be really hard to win. The game cannot be translated directly to real life but that fact does translate. If you don't stop the runh, they will keep doing it, control the clock, and beat you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #66
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
That is not the situation online. It is not a grown man vs child situation.
I realize that. I was talking about his basketball analogy, not an online ranked game.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

I dont understand why this is still being discussed lol and i looked through to see what teams were used in the game and never saw them. I played a game with my friend yesterday he was bama, I was Rice. I told hime to just run dive and slants and to mix it up based on what he saw in my d exactly like you described......5 minute quarters he had chew clock on everything the same.....i won 21-7 i really don't know how you couldn't beat him and why you're complaining about a sound strategy and also you're playing in a ranked match (cheesers paradise). If you're playing against someone who runs less than a handful of plays and you cant stop it, i don't know how you can blame anyone but yourself.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #68
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastin
I dont understand why this is still being discussed lol and i looked through to see what teams were used in the game and never saw them. I played a game with my friend yesterday he was bama, I was Rice. I told hime to just run dive and slants and to mix it up based on what he saw in my d exactly like you described......5 minute quarters he had chew clock on everything the same.....i won 21-7 i really don't know how you couldn't beat him and why you're complaining about a sound strategy and also you're playing in a ranked match (cheesers paradise). If you're playing against someone who runs less than a handful of plays and you cant stop it, i don't know how you can blame anyone but yourself.
FSU @ Texas

And obviously, your friend does not know the exact money play he ran so your test was moot.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #69
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastin

I'm curious what this mysterious magic run play was though. Op?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #70
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1

I'm curious what this mysterious magic run play was though. Op?
I would love to know which play it was. It was out of an I formation. Probably one of these... http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...be.eUqffc0bAjo
Old 08-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
FSU @ Texas

And obviously, your friend does not know the exact money play he ran so your test was moot.
Oh well then i don't see even more so why you're complaining, UT is 3 backs deep this year all being able to run well lol he just outplayed you. I'm done with this thread haha you have had maybe 3 people agree with you it was cheese. If you are as good as you claim and the guy only ran a handful of plays you should've been able to stop it plain and simple
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #72
Rookie

Airdrop01's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, I play as Kansas. Obviously, I'm always (literally I've never played anyone in maybe 70 games that had worse team) running chew clock. There is nothing more satisfying than taking some raging no huddle even on incomplete passes jerk playing as Oregon, Ohio State, Alabama, etc. etc. down to the wire. I just try to get first downs. I actually don't like big yardage plays but will take them. Problem against those teams is that as KU, if I have equal TOP, I lose every time. I'm like 30-40 so that's not too bad for playing as KU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »