Home

Fun Idea For Recruits In Dynasty

This is a discussion on Fun Idea For Recruits In Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Rookie

brys10's Arena

OVR: 0
Fun Idea For Recruits In Dynasty

Don't know if this has been said here before or not. I just finished my first season in dynasty, and was looking at my recruits. I'm not big into having random names, so why not name them after actual recruits I asked myself. I'm not good at evaluating talent (if it was up to me everyone would be a stud or dud). So I decided to make the freshman version of former players. Ex. had a cb so I made Champ Bailey. Has anyone done this before? Pretty fun for me. I didn't adjust rating at all just going to let them progress normally. Kind of a fun way to get your favorite players on your team without creating a prospect that might go to another team
NFL: Kansas City Chiefs
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Fun Idea For Recruits In Dynasty

I do that quite often, I never change rating. Just name and look, then play it out to see if I can recreate the good players. Or do the stars fall and never become as good as the real player. In my current Dyn I have T.O at WR. recruited as a 75 over all, can't wait to see where is goes.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Mck23tyler's Arena

that actually sounds like an awesome idea. I might just have to do this when I finish my season. Do you make the prospects or just rename them?
Old 08-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Interesting idea.. it got me thinking of ways I could spice up my recruits.

I stumbled upon this.. a website that will create a random first and last name for you. You can select which category you want.. English, Chinese, French, African, you name it. I have tried it several times and gotten pretty good names. I think next season I am going to rename all of my recruits using the generator. Should make for some more variety on dynasty mode and I am excited to try it. I could also do it for some of the CPU teams but that would take a long time so I'm not sure what I will do with them.

Here are a bunch of random names I just got from that website:

Todd Earnest
Preston Murray
Chadwick Wilton
Benjy Norwood
Dale Topher
Willie Chad
Wisdom Colbert
Talon Payton
Dederick Ward
Cayden Deacon
Asher Tucker
Emory Walter
Gale Temple
Darby Theodore
Fulke Chase
Shelley Ken
Bryant Kingsley
Cyril Lemoine
Frank Lonny

As you can see, some are pretty strange and some sound pretty realistic. I am thinking I will give myself 2 'passes' to use for each player for when I am picking the name, so I don't get stuck naming my program changer 'Wisdom Colbert' or something.

Edit: Woops forgot the link, here you go guys: http://www.behindthename.com/random/

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-07-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Groove74's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mck23tyler
that actually sounds like an awesome idea. I might just have to do this when I finish my season. Do you make the prospects or just rename them?
Not sure of the OP's approach. as for me I simply edit name and basic look and let play out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 04:04 AM   #6
Just started!

PinickQB14's Arena

I'm gonna use old KC Chiefs players thats either in the HOF or just players ive always liked. Best LB I get out of high school: Derrick Thomas. Can't wait!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Wait a minute.. you can rename recruits? How?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT_027
Wait a minute.. you can rename recruits? How?
I believe they are referring simply to renaming them *after* being recruited since the only other way is to create the recruit from the ground up. I've just always wondered why they didn't use a naming convention system somewhat like OOTP (Out of the Park Baseball) text sim series where they had multiple cultures represented and simply try to replicate a close percentage of those cultures throughout the landscape of college sports. That way you'd get those Hawaiian/Polynesian names, a few Hispanic names, and even the occasional European name from some sort of international database of names. Obviously, I know the game is trying to be plain jane and not stereotype but in my opinion avoiding the other cultures makes the game just feel dull sometimes with the recruits that come in.

They also need some sort of lookup to ensure we stop seeing James James and William Williams regularly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »