Home

What does this mean for recruiting? strange thing happened

This is a discussion on What does this mean for recruiting? strange thing happened within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
What does this mean for recruiting? strange thing happened

I'm in my Wyoming dynasty as head coach.. currently in year 7. This 4 star 78 OVR CB was on my board since the start of the season but he locked me out around week 5-6, and I was too far out of the race to break the lock. Since I had heard someone start a rumor that they had a recruit decommit from another school after taking their scheduled visit (even though they were locked out), I decided to leave him on my board and see what happens (I had a visit scheduled for him Week 9).

Well week 9 came and by then I was about -6000 points behind. Week 9 (when I had scheduled the visit) passed and I didn't gain any interest on the guy, in fact I lost more points.

Long story short.. week 12... I still have him on my board and he is at -8000, I still cant unlock him of course. I simulate to the next week. I go to my recruiting board and my jaw drops.

Somehow.. the recruit had unlocked me! I was still down by over 9000 points, but for some reason the recruit unlocked me! I checked my old save file from the previous week and he was at 100% lock percentage. I was stunned.. what had happened? So I gave him max points and offered a scholarship.. and simulated the bye week.

Next week comes along.. I go to recruiting and BAM he locked me out again! How can something like this happen? Has anyone else seen anything like this? Is it possible sometimes recruits let other schools into the race even when they are locked out? I don't know what to think.. but this is very interesting to me and I am a lot more cautious in removing players from my board now that have me locked out or are already committed because of this. I was behind by 9000 points, hadn't even offered a scholarship, and yet suddenly I was back in the race!

Discuss?

Also I will point out I have all CPU assistance on OFF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What does this mean for recruiting? strange thing happened

Most likely a glitch or bug. I wouldn't read to much into it. I mean the next week you were locked back out.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Did he only unlock you or was he no longer locked in general? Was his previous top school removed from his top school list? Not sure what happened to be honest.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Did he only unlock you or was he no longer locked in general? Was his previous top school removed from his top school list? Not sure what happened to be honest.
he was still locked, his lock percentage remained 100%

I think one of the schools did get removed, but that shouldn't matter because there was 2 others and theres no 3 school requirement for recruits who are locked
Old 08-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'd be more interested in this turn of events for you if you weren't down by 9,000 points. I mean, you still had a 0% chance of signing the guy even after he apparently unlocked you. Unless you see it happen again I'd just chalk it up to a glitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Could it be possible that a AI coach unlocked him and it applies to everyone? I did not unlock the locksmith perk so I don't know how it works.

I had something roughly similar though. Going after the number 1 tackle in the country and scheduled a late visit for week 12. Turned out to be a mistake because the other schools did theirs early and I fell behind to 3rd. In week 9 or 10 the prick locked me. He still had his visit and that moved me above the #2 school.
Previously he narrowed his choices to 2 schools but now three teams made the cut. He is locked but I broke through the window

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »