Home

NCAA/Madden: PS2 vs. Xbox

This is a discussion on NCAA/Madden: PS2 vs. Xbox within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2004, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA/Madden: PS2 vs. Xbox

First off, I apologize if this has been posted somewhere. I figured it might have, but I wanted to get a little bit newer response.

Anyway, I am going to purchase either a PS2 or Xbox, and the two games im getting are NCAA and Madden. I am wondering if anybody was willing to give their experiences with the games (mostly NCAA) on each console. This is a pretty huge purchase for me (as a poor college student) so I want to make the absolute best decision.

BTW, the reason I am posting this in the NCAA forum is because that is the game I am going to focus on mostly. Thank you in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2004, 12:48 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA/Madden: PS2 vs. Xbox

If online doesn't matter, than Xbox for sure. If it does, than it depends whether better graphics are more important to online play for you.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:49 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

This is easy. If online play is not important for you, go xbox. You could really use the hard drive for dynasties and franchises. Honestly, I don't understand why people are still buying PS2's. My launch PS2 still works, but doesn't get much burn.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Playing online would be nice, but its not going to be a deciding factor. I would rather have the better graphics than online play, to be honest.

Honestly, I have the Xbox on layaway (yeah, I know, but im a poor college student). Ive just been trying to cover everything and make sure I made the right decision. Reasons I picked the Xbox were the HD which means I dont have to spend 30 bucks on memory cards, I got 2 games with this, and the better graphics. There are less games, but Im not a huge gamer. At most I might pick up Crimson Skies and a racing game, but thats probably it. Most of the FPS's will be played on my PC.
Old 01-02-2004, 01:49 AM   #5
Rookie

One more question. Are there any good rosters out for Xbox? I hear things about these great rosters for PS2, but I hope there is something for me when I get the Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2004, 01:58 AM   #6
L*rd *f th* M*n*t**s

Cincinnati_Kid's Arena

OVR: 6

racer....grab Project Gotham 2

then you will have 3 great games with unlimited replay value
Old 01-02-2004, 02:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

Cincinnati_Kid said:
racer....grab Project Gotham 2

then you will have 3 great games with unlimited replay value

Yeah, I played the demo at Walmart and was somewhat impressed with it. Ive heard of it and it was one of the games I was hoping to pick up at some point.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:39 AM   #8
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Hotwheelz116 said:
One more question. Are there any good rosters out for Xbox? I hear things about these great rosters for PS2, but I hope there is something for me when I get the Xbox.

Yeah Fairdale Kings has some good rosters out for the box. You will need Action Replay in order to get them though. You can find his rosters in the Rosters&Downloads section. As for Action Replay, you can find them at Best Buy, Game Stop, etc. It has been well worth the money. I used to put in all the rosters manually and it is very time consuming, especially when you work at it alone. That is before making any depth chart changes, new true freshman, etc.

As for your original question, I would go X-Box. I have both systems but the PS2 sits and collects dust. I dont even have any PS2 games anymore. I love the fact that I dont need a memory card and quicker load times due the trick. I will say this EA uses PS2 games and then makes ports to the box but I still prefer it. Enjoy which ever you buy it is worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »