Home

Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports

This is a discussion on Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #81
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports

nevermind, not worth going back and forth

Last edited by FSUNolez; 08-19-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
Oh, I read it. I Just don't agree with it. For starters, you don't get a summer check. You get two checks. If you choose spring and summer, then ok. You will get a summer check. But you don't. I'm not going to go back and forth with someone who is using the internet as their facts. Coming from someone who has appeared in the game, you and that article are wrong. 17,000 a year... pshhh. Even if that was right, is $17,000 a year acceptable? After all, athletes are required to attend spring practices, summer workouts (technically not mandatory... but yeah, ya better not miss it), fall practices and games. Not to mention, staying on campus for all of the holidays. When are athletes supposed to get a job to make up the difference?
Haha, the information in that article is common knowledge and nothing in there is fabricated (most is taken right from the University of Arkansas). Student athletes do indeed receive housing money for the fall, spring, and summer how the money is giving to the player 1,2, or 3 lump sums is irrelevant. And finally pell grants, clothing money, and the student assistance and student athlete opportunity funds are indeed real. This money is readily available for qualified student athletes regardless of whether you believe it or not.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #83
Banned

Quote:
nevermind, not worth going back and forth
That's because there is nothing to go back and forth on. Everything I am posting is common knowledge and the information is readily available for anyone who wants it.

Here is an article from USA today on Pell Grants in major college football. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...nts/50170388/1

In 2011 "423 scholarship football players from eight responding schools in the Southeastern Conference received an average of $4,602." That's an average of 4,602 dollars a year on top of tution, books, and room and board.

Last edited by Peter_nincompoop55; 08-19-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #84
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_nincompoop55
That's because there is nothing to go back and forth on. Everything I am posting is common knowledge and the information is readily available for anyone who wants it.

Here is an article from USA today on Pell Grants in major college football. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...nts/50170388/1

In 2011 "423 scholarship football players from eight responding schools in the Southeastern Conference received an average of $4,602." That's an average of 4,602 dollars a year on top of tution, books, and room and board.
Are you a student athlete? Therefore, not worth going back and forth with you. I love how you say they get $4,600 a year now once school is paid for, instead of $17,000. That sounds about right. Good day.

Last edited by FSUNolez; 08-19-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Are you a student athlete? Therefore, not worth going back and forth with you. I love how you say they get $4,600 a year now once school is paid for, instead of $17,000. That sounds about right. Good day.
Haha, reading comprehension is not a strength for you huh? The 4,600 is just in pell grants. It doesn't include all of the other benefits. If you are really a former division 1 athlete who "appeared in the game" you should really be more knowledgeable on this subject.

Last edited by Peter_nincompoop55; 08-19-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #86

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

This thread has gone too far.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »