Home

WTF???

This is a discussion on WTF??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2004, 07:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WTF???

Tony Sands played for Kansas, but I get your point.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:41 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:

badpoet said:
I missed the part where you said you were playing Toledo until just now. You have a good running back in a weaker conference, going against a versitile running back in a fairly strong conference. There's no contest. The SC running back should get the Heisman if he continues his strong play, in a strong conference. If they are a passing team he will have also accrued passing yardage, adding to his versility and worth to the team.

Also, if I remember correctly, Tony (?) Sands had fabulous numbers for a Iowa State team back in the early/mid 90's and wasn't seriously considered for the award because of the prestige of the program and the conference they reside in. Granted, I assume that Toledo is somehow a national powerhouse given your previous posts, but I wholeheartedly doubt the rest of the conference is that strong.

I am in the Big Ten. Thus, your whole argument is moot.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:24 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

You should also consider receptions...how many does the CPU player have vs. your HB. That could play a large part in the voting.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was thinking of Troy Davis, by the way. He finished 2nd in the Heisman voting to Danny Wuerffel, even though he had a stellar season (Wuerffel did as well, but he played for an elite team).
Old 01-12-2004, 12:02 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

and amazingly were both drafted by Ditka nd the Saints... Has 1-2 in heisman been drafted on same team in your dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2004, 12:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Honestly, I don't play Madden and I usually am looking more at whom I'm recruiting than where my players went. I'll be a little sad when my all-purpose back/kick returner goes pro, but I doubt he'll be drafted (don't feel the need to make a bunch of 90's overall rated players). I'm also only in the third year of this dynasty.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:57 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Heisman voting is crap. There are always 5 QBs in the Heisman balloting. I've had a QB throw for over 5000 yards and 60 touchdowns and not win the Heisman before. And yes, if a runningback or even a wide receiver returns kicks, then he gets a huge boost in the Heisman running. I've seen a running back that also returns kicks with only 1500 yards rushing win the Heisman over some guy with 2300 yards rushing and more TDs.

The Heisman is crap. QBs should actually stand a chance. Same with WRs. Kick returns should not count that much.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:35 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 2

Suddenly, the guy just stopped leading and Cecil Campbell took over. It was right around the time Campbell set the school record for rushing yards and tied the NCAA record for rushing TDs in a season.

He should win it now. Interestingly enough, the two prior attempts I made at creating Cecil are 3rd and 4th in the Heisman voting right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »