Home

Downfield Passing

This is a discussion on Downfield Passing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
jp2
Rookie

jp2's Arena

OVR: 3
Downfield Passing

I've been playing NCAA going back to Bill Walsh in 93....I am old...very old. I'm enjoying the game, playing an offline dynasty v CPU. Offense is set to Heisman, Defense to AA. QB sliders WAY down.

For the first time in twenty years, I can't complete a deep ball. Not it a game, not in practice. I created a two star school and put it in Conf USA, but I would think I could at least complete one in fifty...but nothing. I can complete 20 to 30 yard passes, but I cannot get the ball to a receiver behind the defense...ever.

I've tried:

1) All kinds of routes
2) Pushing forward to lead the receiver (can never overthrow...ever.)

Before you flame me...please know that I like the game, and I've been playing it for years...I like a challenge and can't stand when I've had to make house rules in previous years because the deep ball was too easy...but now I can't complete one...not one. I've used the search function on the site to find tips on this, but haven't had any luck (maybe I'm using bad search parameters.)

Clearly I'm doing something wrong...any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Downfield Passing

its really hard in this game, the only way to do it is if the WR burns the DB or if you try to user catch which is really hard in this version. the problem is the DBs are more aggressive to the pass and they will undercut passes and jump to reach the ball at its highest point while WRs will just run to the marker and wait for the pass to fall into their hands most of the times. Until I got a 99 speed WR on my team, I went a long time without completed deep passes too. its very frustrating. but that being said, there have been previous versions where it was way too easy and it was a game killer, so I am just thankful to have it this way.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

The problem for me is the cb runs the deep route better than my receiver! So unless I beat the db off the line and burn him, it's getting picked. With all that said I will take this way of the deep ball being a challenge compared to what it was in 13 where it was so easy because of the glaring db glitch.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #4
Rookie

scaryperry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2
I've been playing NCAA going back to Bill Walsh in 93....I am old...very old. I'm enjoying the game, playing an offline dynasty v CPU. Offense is set to Heisman, Defense to AA. QB sliders WAY down.

For the first time in twenty years, I can't complete a deep ball. Not it a game, not in practice. I created a two star school and put it in Conf USA, but I would think I could at least complete one in fifty...but nothing. I can complete 20 to 30 yard passes, but I cannot get the ball to a receiver behind the defense...ever.

I've tried:

1) All kinds of routes
2) Pushing forward to lead the receiver (can never overthrow...ever.)

Before you flame me...please know that I like the game, and I've been playing it for years...I like a challenge and can't stand when I've had to make house rules in previous years because the deep ball was too easy...but now I can't complete one...not one. I've used the search function on the site to find tips on this, but haven't had any luck (maybe I'm using bad search parameters.)

Clearly I'm doing something wrong...any suggestions?
Try to get your receivers in man coverage, specifically press. You can do this by choosing passing plays and then flipping the play at the line. it works about 50% of the time.

Once your receiver breaks the press, you can read the safety. If hes helping in coverage over top throw the ball quickly to the receivers outside shoulder. If not lob the ball. This is how i get most of my deep completions. I also find that i have much more success going deep out of ACE and I form than shotgun.

Let me know if this helps.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5

I think you need a good slider set. Not being able to complete the deep ball a lot of the time has to do with your receivers not being aggressive and with my Simulation slider set deep balls are possible, but not too common they are over at OS's slider section, give them a shot and see how they play out for you.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

There is no slider for wide receiver aggressiveness. I don't see how your sliders are relevant. You say on the thread your main goal is to improve the CPU pass defense.. hows that going to make for more deep balls? It doesn't add up.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
There is no slider for wide receiver aggressiveness. I don't see how your sliders are relevant. You say on the thread your main goal is to improve the CPU pass defense.. hows that going to make for more deep balls? It doesn't add up.
That statement is incorrect first of all, the offensive pass interference slider effects WR aggressiveness. The main goal is to improve CPU Pass D correct and when I say that I mean I want the CPU defenders to be THERE, I want them in the position to make a play, after that let the ratings to the talking.

He said he was having trouble completing the deep pass so I offered up a possible solution, he doesn't have to try it or even acknowledge it for that matter, I'm just saying that more aggressive WR's can help with completing the deep pass.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Why would pass interference slider work for WR aggressiveness? Please educate me! Do you lower it or raise it to make them more aggressive?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »