Home

Things you miss?

This is a discussion on Things you miss? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Things you miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
Oddly also create a sign. Overall the fan part of the game experience (specific chants , corso ) are lacking so much more now.

I abused the sign thing so bad. My best friend loves to play NCAA and Madden when he comes over so I used the signs thing to taunt him one year. I was surprised it didn't censor anything under the character limit. You shoudl have seen his face the first time one of my player made signs popped up. (I can't even repeat what I put here as it'd get me banned!)

And as stated before... Celebrating with the mascots! Heck, more celebrations in general would be nice.

I miss more personalized intros too. I liked the ones a few years back when it would show the coach walking around while the players were stretching and it would talk about a few star players. And the intros where they pat the Gator head on the way out into the swamp...

In retrospect they took a lot of stuff out that I miss!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #26
Just started!

1) the ability to view rosters of teams offering you jobs in coaching carousel

2) the ability to hand the ball off to a back on PA passes (PA Read, specifically)
Old 08-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #27
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

-Being able to send a HB or TE out wide in no-huddle formations
-Defensive user control
-All the details of dynasties on the PS2
-Legit trick plays on offense and special teams
Old 08-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

The whole pre game thing now is terrible. The pre game build up/hype is a big part of college football and we have none of it now. Like someone said already, at least give me the parts where they show the players stretching, coach walking around hyping players up, a little commentary of the star player on both teams. If it's the game of the week have Corso picking his winner with headgear etc. Then after that if a team has a specific traditional entrance in real life, I want to see it in the game.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
This is going to sound strange, but I miss recruiting being strictly in the offseason. I used to enjoy focusing on my team during the season and then sitting down and knocking out all the recruiting over a two-hour period in the offseason.
I'm pretty happy with this years recruiting system, but I definitely preferred the system when it was all in the off season over the time consuming in season system of the past few years
Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #30
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Also the option of becoming a coach after your player graduates in Road to Glory. Lets the people that aren't getting madden to continue a legacy.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #31
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Definitely miss the FCS schools. Some of them even had correct stadiums in NCAA 06.

Player discipline was great because it added a layer unpredictability to your Dynasty.

Team entrances from NCAA 12-13. The could've been sped up a tad, but otherwise were very cool.

Running the option. Yes you can do it in 14 but that is largely because the CPU goes after the RB nearly every attempt. Back on the PS2 the QB's were never stuck in the mud like they were most of this gen. (It is better now but they are still slow on speed options out of the gun) and you didn't have to rely on in-game keys to figure out when to pitch the ball or not.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #32
Rookie

* Being able to control the whole team and call plays in campus legend/road to glory

* Home field advantage. I miss the screen shaking and controller rumbling when a stadium got really loud

*Suspensions and infractions... Really was an immerse factor in dynasty. I remember having my heisman hopeful qb miss a key sec game because his gpa was too low.

* Running animation- I have never liked how players run this gen, it looked way more realistic last gen

* AI Play.. Heisman used to be a hell of a challenge. Now its just the computers team getting superman like abilities to try to give you a challenge

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »