Home

Things you miss?

This is a discussion on Things you miss? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Rookie

scaryperry's Arena

OVR: 0
Things you miss?

What are the things you miss from past games that have been left out of the latest editions of NCAA?

For me, I really enjoyed being able to customize and create teams on the console itself. I feel like teambuilder is an over complicated and time consuming feature that lacks the depth and ease of use of the school creator featured in earlier versions.

I also miss the player infractions and suspensions. I think it was a great feature that just needed some tuning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Things you miss?

Medical Redshirts (if a guy got a long injury at the start of the season you could apply for medical redshirt and keep his year of eligibility)

Preseason Spring Game (cool to try out your team before the season)

Preseason Spring Drills (got to try out your freshman and increase ratings of your players if you did good in the drills)

Player Discipline Rating (recruits had a discipline rating. the lower the higher chance of doing something bad and getting suspended)

Player Suspensions (made you have to pay attention to the discipline of the players you recruited)

Program Probations (too many suspensions= loss of scholarships, eventually increasing up to bowl bans)

Player Potential Rating (determined how fast the player progressed from training, separated good recruits from elite recruits and so on)

Recruits that would ask YOU to promise them things (certain number, position, starter, etc).

Better Scouting (only showed you their 40 times, bench press, etc. and when you scouted it would update them. sometimes it wouldn't change but sometimes that 4.4 guy might actually be a 4.3)

Better Fumbles (more realistic amount of fumbles, theres not enough in this years game)

Better Injuries (more realistic amount and duration of injuries)

Ratings Mattered More (60 ovr teams simply had no chance against the better teams even if you tried every cheese tactic)

Offseason Points (you used to get 100 points to spend between Training/Recruiting/Discipline. The more you put in training the better your players would be trained. The more you put in recruiting the more recruiting points you got. The more you put in discipline the more suspensions you could make without getting on probation)

Better Recruiting Points System for Offseason (the 1-2 star schools would have like 60 points a week to spend in offseason recruiting whereas the elite schools could have hundreds)

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-22-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:27 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

I got flamed for this in another thread but whatever, I actually miss the presentation from NCAA 12 (Didn't play 13 so I'm not sure if it was in or not) when each team had it's own signature intro. Like for my Seminoles they used to show Chief Osceola plant his spear, and they would show Texas run out on the field with their flags, I mean they still show the Chief, but they don't show the whole thing anymore.

Don't get me wrong I think Presentation for NCAA 14 is good and it's definitely a strong point of this game, that is just something I miss.

Last edited by JrueToTheGame; 08-23-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I got flamed for this in another thread but whatever, I actually miss the presentation from NCAA 12 (Didn't play 13 so I'm not sure if it was in or not) when each team had it's on signature intro. Like for my Seminoles they used to show Chief Osceola plant his spear, and they would show Texas run out on the field with their flags, I mean they still show the Chief, but they don't show the whole thing anymore.

Don't get me wrong I think Presentation for NCAA 14 is good and it's definitely a strong point of this game, that is just something I miss.
I miss that as well, I wish they had kept that and then after the intro they could show the little intro/highlight video from NCAA14. Make it so they can be skipped easily by pressing X and you have pleased both parties. But nope, they just couldn't add something without taking away another.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

I remember way back when making your schedule the CPU teams could accept or reject your request to play them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I miss FCS teams and the ability to play a dynasty with almost all FCS teams. That was my favorite... In fact, I am still running an FCS dynasty on NCAA 06 for xbox
Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

My Db's trying to cover people
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
Rookie

FCS Schools. I would much rather that than a mascot mode and/or Ultimate Team mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »