Home

Do ratings matter in this game

This is a discussion on Do ratings matter in this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

OVR: 0
Do ratings matter in this game

I play on AA both sides of the ball in this game. It seems outside of speed rating in this game that ratings arent making a difference.

1. I can have a WR at 99 catching and he will still drop passes.

2. I can have a HB at 99 Break tackle, Stiff arm, etc and he will still get tackled first tackle 90% of the time.

3. A qb with 99 Throw power and accuracy will still throw off target and will not be able to out throw a receiver on a go route.

4. The real kicker I have a 99 corner with 99 Everything just to test this out and he barely makes any int's, gets beat constantly at the line, gets pushed around like a ragdoll trying to make a tackle and my 88 rated cb is outperforming him in every category.

So that brings me do ratings even matter in this game or are some of them negligible with others only being maybe a 10% difference?

Last edited by wtd03; 08-19-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Do ratings matter in this game

Personally i dont think so really.
I play alot of ultimate team and i have Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Champ Bailey, and Charles Woodson in my D-backfield and they will drop picks for days but i have watched (same game) my opponents linebackers and Dline catch passes (acrobatic ones too) with ease. So from that the catch rating doesnt seem to matter anymore ot a certain extent. I have also seen many qbs with no kind of break tackle/truck etc plow through dlineman and linebackers.

I would probably say the same for AWR, TRK, BCV, SFA, SPM, CAR, SPC, CIT, RTE, TAK, BSH, MCV, ZCV, PRS (to a extent), IBL (i havent seen an impact block yet, just the CPU chip block -_- )

Another thing i notice is the player breakdown that you can check out pre snap that tells you what kind of ratings boost or drop a certain player has. I have seen my one of my WR drop their catch rating by 15 without actually taking a single snap. Don't know too much about that feature and i havent seen too many articles written about it either.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

It feels like momentum has a bigger impact than it really should. I play very run-heavy, both in power running and options. My "Impact" halfback always felt slow, sluggish, and fell forward on a tackle maybe 25% of the time. So one game, I drive down the field, but my HB goes out for a play to rest. I run my backup, he gets a TD. Next drive I ran a double-HB formation, and handed off to the backup. Compared to my starting HB, this guy felt like superman! So I checked his stats, and he was worse than my starter in literally every single category (spd, acc, str, trk, sfa, elu, ect ect). But his momentum was yellow, while my starter's was neutral. So I subbed him into a few formations, and ran him about 1/3 of what I did my starter. He ended up with more yards than my starter in that game, and three TD's to boot! He always fell forward, sometimes for six yards. Never dropped a pass, never fell to the first tackle. I was stunned. Overall, he was something like a 68 vs. my starter at 83.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
It feels like momentum has a bigger impact than it really should. I play very run-heavy, both in power running and options. My "Impact" halfback always felt slow, sluggish, and fell forward on a tackle maybe 25% of the time. So one game, I drive down the field, but my HB goes out for a play to rest. I run my backup, he gets a TD. Next drive I ran a double-HB formation, and handed off to the backup. Compared to my starting HB, this guy felt like superman! So I checked his stats, and he was worse than my starter in literally every single category (spd, acc, str, trk, sfa, elu, ect ect). But his momentum was yellow, while my starter's was neutral. So I subbed him into a few formations, and ran him about 1/3 of what I did my starter. He ended up with more yards than my starter in that game, and three TD's to boot! He always fell forward, sometimes for six yards. Never dropped a pass, never fell to the first tackle. I was stunned. Overall, he was something like a 68 vs. my starter at 83.
Yea momentum has too much of an impact on this game. You can have a 99 QB start to do terrible and his backup rated 73 look all world. The backup is playing beyond his abilities and it doesnt make any sense.

Does anyone know EA's logic behind this?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03

Does anyone know EA's logic behind this?
Does anyone knows EA Logic behind ANYTHING??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Does EA have any logic?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemansaggin
Another thing i notice is the player breakdown that you can check out pre snap that tells you what kind of ratings boost or drop a certain player has. I have seen my one of my WR drop their catch rating by 15 without actually taking a single snap. Don't know too much about that feature and i havent seen too many articles written about it either.
that's not how it works. when it shows -10 route running or -5 speed or whatever it means in comparison to the defensive back/receiver

the players actual ratings aren't effected in any way
Old 08-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
sounds like your starter was fatigued

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »