Home

CPU's 3rd/4th and long conversion rate is absurd.

This is a discussion on CPU's 3rd/4th and long conversion rate is absurd. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6
CPU's 3rd/4th and long conversion rate is absurd.

I'm getting annoyed playing this game due to the unrealistic ways that the CPU constantly converts 3rd and long. It's like 3rd and inches to the CPU.

3rd and 22, Everyone is covered, Percy Harvin running down the field, Ty Law going step for step, the QB underthrows the deep pass and Harvin stops for the ball, Law just keeps on running down the field.

Next game, I'm down 7-10, 3rd and 16, Ike Hilliard catches a pass over the middle for 5 yards and breaks a gang tackle of 8+ players and breaks free running 60 yards for a TD.

Just today alone, the CPU conversion rate on third down is over 90%, and 100% on fourth down.

It's either very poor, predetermined garbage, or playing on All-American makes players play nothing near realistic.

I'm really starting to get sick of this.
BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 - 2007
BASEBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

Re: CPU's 3rd/4th and long conversion rate is absurd.

I've quit two challenge games on NFUT because of this nonsense. It all stems from Robo QBs being more prevalent than ever. Every QB at every overall going 20-24. Just completely unreal.
2006 - 2007

Old 08-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5

No I agree, why the computer doesn't run their 3rd down plays on every down amazes me. QBs tend to be 25/26 and on 3rd down, un stoppable. Its unreal how well they play on 3rd down.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #4
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony kant think
No I agree, why the computer doesn't run their 3rd down plays on every down amazes me. QBs tend to be 25/26 and on 3rd down, un stoppable. Its unreal how well they play on 3rd down.
Exactly, it's not even an issue of me calling bad defense or my players being out of place. It's just one miracle after another. I've notice that the CPU defender play Zone defense 3 time as good as my defense plays Zone.
2006 - 2007

Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #5
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

Yeah, it's just getting to be a comedy now on how the CPU picks up 3rd down and long. It definitely needs a tuner. I hate playing on All-American because of bad AI like this.

Playing the Rey Maualuga challenge, 3rd and 17, they throw a screen dude breaks two tackles and picks it up all day.

Next series, 3rd and 11, Robert Woods catches a pass that is usually deflected away, stumbles, BREAKS A TACKLE WHILE STUMBLING, runs for a TD

Next up, 3rd and 2, USC runs that broken FB dive play, that in my experience results in a 3-5 yard loss every time because the QB runs backwards with the ball and doesnt hand it off. Instead, the play breaks and Carson Palmer is able to turn around and stumble forward the two yards for the first.

Next, it's 3rd and 10. This time, they didn't pick up the first down, yet it is the worst of all. I rush and sack Carson Palmer. My defensive ends have him LAYING FLAT ON THE GROUND ON HIS BACK. HE'S DOWN. NOPE, he gets off the ground rolls out and throws a pass. Pass is throw too low due to throwing on the run. But the fact that he was allowed to get up off the ground and throw a pass is the most atrocious, asinine, glitch that I have ever seen. It's why I do not care for the infinity engine at all.
2006 - 2007

Last edited by BonesKnows85; 08-25-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, the being tackled, but not being down thing is horrible. I'm afraid my RB is going to get hurt, just laying there, but still a live play.

I just had a 3rd and long vs. FSU. I take out the QB, he's on his way down...he backflips a pass behind his head. Not a wobbly thing, but a bullet right to the WR for a TD.

I thought they got rid of that crap years ago, but here it is again.

Oh, and the CPU runs curl routes at the goalline all day. Why? Because our CBs keep going all the way to the end line of the end zone in coverage. Are they scared the WR is going to run past them into the stands? Its mind-numbing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »