Home

1* OC to 5* HC

This is a discussion on 1* OC to 5* HC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #9
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 1* OC to 5* HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylewc21
No, played on AA but used default sliders. I may need to look into some though.
Let me know if you find a good set.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just did this, actually.

started with Army as a OC, went 7-5, got hired by UMass as a HC after 1 year, went 19-6 in two years there, moved up to 'Cuse, who are a 4 star team now.

it's fun, but once you max out your recruiting tree, it becomes pretty easy. i got the #7 class in the nation year 2 at UMass.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I started with UAB as the OC. They have a sophomore(rs) QB and RB duo that can lead your team for 3 years. The O-line is a mess so run short passes or risk sacks. The D will give up points but is young as well.

I play on varsity/varsity with all user sliders reduced 30 points except QBA at 0 and Pass Coverage at 100. The CPU sliders all got a 15 point increase expect QBA at 20, Pass Covg at 100, and INT at 40. I play on normal speed with threshold at 60. I feel like you could edit this set to a point that fits your style of play.

Follow the link in my signature to see my dynasty thread. You can see the year I had at UAB before leaving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
Rookie

baprecure's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator828
I just did this, actually.

started with Army as a OC, went 7-5, got hired by UMass as a HC after 1 year, went 19-6 in two years there, moved up to 'Cuse, who are a 4 star team now.

it's fun, but once you max out your recruiting tree, it becomes pretty easy. i got the #7 class in the nation year 2 at UMass.
Hmmm maybe I could set the coach progression to slow
Old 08-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started at WYO as OC (i think they were a 2* tho, not 1 if you are only looking for 1*). After 1 season and a bowl win, i jumped to HC at EMU (1*). Won 10 games in season 2 @ EMU. Season 3, i started by losing the opener at the big house in a nail biter but ran the table after that on the way to a Sugar Bowl birth vs MIA (i got waxed). Had a 5* offer from Auburn (they went 1-11) after that, but i passed and took 4* Zona instead (i went to Bama and bleed crimson. I could not bring myself to take that job... lol)
Old 08-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #14
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd say start with ODU, newer school, solid young players and decent unis
Old 08-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Started as the OC at 2* Maryland. Two good QBs and a RB that will lead for a couple of years. Went 10-3 my first year, won the ACC Coastal division with a tiebreaker and beat UNC for the ACC title by a field goal. Beat Michigan State in the Orange Bowl (lost to MSU in the third game of the year). Ended the season ranked #15. Never got any coaching offers after the season.

Marylands got a couple different uni combos too.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have been doing this. I started as the 1* OC for Georgia State and after 3 years as there OC I finally took my first Head Coaching job as the man in charge of UTSA. After my first year I was offered the head job at Idaho, ODU, and Kent.

I kinda liked what you had to work with at Georgia State. They have a young somewhat mobile QB in Bell, and I liked two of their RBs, and they have one decent WR. Also they are in a pretty decent area for recruiting and the Sun Belt isn't too hard to own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »