Home

Recruiting difficulties among positions

This is a discussion on Recruiting difficulties among positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
Go Hogs

Redbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting difficulties among positions

TE and FB are hard to find especially one that can block well
Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Cs and MLBs are my tough spots. I used to struggle w/FS also but now I just stuff ATHs there and roll on. I've resorted to signing either extra SS or OLB to reposition as MLB and extra Gs for my C.

It also seems like any time a C is interested in my school when I scout him he turns out to be a super bust. Example, the #1 C had me as #1 then I scouted him...-14 which took him from a 77 to a 63.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have definately noticed this issue through ~15 seasons across a few dynasties. It seems there is an abundance of QBs, RBs, WR, and Safeties. The trend here is that ALL of these positions can be picked up easily via Athletes which tend to be undervalued by the CPU. Good CB's are also available easily via athletes but i've found the number of CBs (listed as CBs) seem evenly balanced.

DE, LB, K, P seem to be ok.

OL, TE, and FB are often a challenge especially if you are recruiting for a particular style and not just viewing OVR.

Another thing I will note about the OL & TE situation - I think the issue isn't the number of players, but the distribution of them (OVR & * rating). As a top tier team, I had no problem signing the ~2 OL I needed each year (all high 70s). As a lower team, I had no issues signing good 3* OL each year (~high 60s). The problem is when you are in the middle. You can't compete with the big boys for the very few select top prospects...and there is a gap in talent before you get to the abundance of 65-70 OVR prospects. Usually when my team is in this part of my rebuilding process i just cherry pick a few 70s (that i can get easily) and dont bother with the big time OL until the rest of my team is stacked.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Now I know this can be filed under wishful thinking - but what I really wish we would have is a dynamic system where the number and distribution of recruits varies by year. As it is now I can guestimate how many top / mid / filler players there are in any given class. Sure, there are a suprise player or 2, but I always approach each class the same. If they had for example a year that was loaded at RB - but low on QBs....or a top heavy WR class with a handfull of studs....then a big dropoff to mediocre recruits. This would force us to recruit more creatively and help keep the interest longer.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 08-28-2013, 07:03 AM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 4

I usually have trouble with FBs and TEs, especially when I really need them. When I don't need them, they make themselves available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »