Home

Best SIM playbook for dynasty?

This is a discussion on Best SIM playbook for dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best SIM playbook for dynasty?

I have dynasties that I play/coach just about every game and then I have dynasties that I mostly sim.

It seems like with custom playbooks, they don't get used when you sim that game (without entering the game and simming). I tried it out by creating a playbook with ZERO pass plays, and also one with ZERO run plays. I wasn't able to do this in last year's game, but this year you can. Anyways, when I used those playbooks and entered the game..and then simmed from there, it stayed true to the playbook and there wasn't a pass play in the playbook with all run plays and for the playbook with all pass, there was like 2 or 3 runs, which all were by the qb.

But when I simmed just from the dynasty menu, it didn't use the custom playbooks, it just used the default base schedule that I selected when creating the playbook. So that was a bummer.

My main question is, what are the best sim playbooks. I rarely have a dynasty that is a 50/50 run/pass. I usually have sim dyansties that are an all run team or all pass team. Sometimes I do an all run from the spread, from the singleback and even from the option. I've done that same with all pass. I've even done an all pass sim with and option playbook and that turned out pretty interesting. My top WR who wasn't rated high, still had like 2200 yards receiving and like 140 receptions.

For those who do sim dynasties, what do you use? If I want to do an all run dynasty(80/20) should I use a spread offense playbook, west coast or a single back like Alabama?

Also for all pass dynasties, I want a playbook that uses the qb as a pocket passer and not a mobile qb. Even if I have a slow qb, when I sim, it still has the qb running a lot. I know some of those rushes are from sacks, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best SIM playbook for dynasty?

Just looking for people's experiences with different playbooks in sim dynasties.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I have simmed different seasons with different playbooks using the same team and have not seen much of a difference.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Create your own starting with a pro style base. Remove cheese plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »