Home

Running with 2 backs

This is a discussion on Running with 2 backs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Running with 2 backs

What is the best way to use 2 running backs effectively? What is the best playbook and stuff? What should i do? I want to use both equally
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Running with 2 backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by suh90beast
What is the best way to use 2 running backs effectively? What is the best playbook and stuff? What should i do? I want to use both equally
I don't have experience with this but the first ideas that popped into my head were,
Run flexbone formation/triple option (like GT,Navy,Army, etc.)
Second option would be a playbook like Oregon and using the formation where 1 HB to the left of the QB and one to the right. Out of this formation from what I seen the triple option is deadly.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0

I just had a very successful season by using the multiple running back approach. my favorite formation was either army splitbacks (use the right thumbstick to replace the FB with an additional HB in the playcall screen) and I also got pretty equal numbers by running my starter until he got into the orange fatigue and then brought in my backup until he reached that same fatigue level.

Be warned though... This is terrible for recruiting because the recruits dont really care that you rushed for 2000 yards in a season, they realize that they will only get maybe half of that, and it sort of deters them from your program.

Another thing, make sure you are deep at HB, If you run a lot of two HB sets like I did, you better have a good back up, because they will get hurt. its only a matter of time... especially if you run the ball more than 65% of your plays
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Formation subs, or using the right stick to sub in hb2. If you run enough and have low enough player autosubs, you can also just call hurry up when your hb2 is in to keep him in
Old 09-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblerooski
Formation subs, or using the right stick to sub in hb2. If you run enough and have low enough player autosubs, you can also just call hurry up when your hb2 is in to keep him in
Yep, this is a good strategy. One of your RB will get a boost and you will see it. Use them both just not at the same time, stick with the hot hand. I usually get my starter 17-20 carries and my back up about 10... the yardage is usually like 100 yards to 50 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

Formation subs is always what I use. If I have a power back and a speed back I will make sure the power guy runs in tight and bunch formations while using my speed back for the shotgun and spread plays.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapstone32
Formation subs is always what I use. If I have a power back and a speed back I will make sure the power guy runs in tight and bunch formations while using my speed back for the shotgun and spread plays.
Exactly what I do. Although, if I notice one of my guys is shredding through the defense, I'll sub him in permanently and just change my "autosub" threshold so that the #2 guy (actually, I roll with three backs, 'cuz that's what UNT's doing this season) gets a few more reps but a little more randomly.

-- Stephen
Old 09-05-2013, 12:57 AM   #8
Rookie

thanks you guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »