Home

Tackling the CPU

This is a discussion on Tackling the CPU within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tackling the CPU

Anyone else having an impossible time tackling the CPU in the open field, or anywhere for that matter? I've never had this problem in an NCAA game to date, but this year in the open field the CPU is making me look ridiculous. The CPU moves in a very unfluid way, and seems to have me going the wrong way more often than not. Every time I use the hit-stick I get literally run over. I've tried not using the sprint burst as well as using the strafe, but I am still having trouble.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Tackling the CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
Anyone else having an impossible time tackling the CPU in the open field, or anywhere for that matter? I've never had this problem in an NCAA game to date, but this year in the open field the CPU is making me look ridiculous. The CPU moves in a very unfluid way, and seems to have me going the wrong way more often than not. Every time I use the hit-stick I get literally run over. I've tried not using the sprint burst as well as using the strafe, but I am still having trouble.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Stop using the hit stick in the open field. Wrap up and tackle. I have my tackling slider set at 35 and I am able to bring down the CPU in open field because I do not use the hit stick.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

Teams and ratings matter more in regards to tackling than most other aspects of this game (speed, for instance). I started my dynasty at Old Dominion, default sliders. The first of my defenders to hit the ball carrier NEVER brought him down; it was usually the third guy. So if a WR caught a deep ball with only the safety to beat, he'd score every time. Then I moved to Minnesota. Still not a great team, but the difference is like night and day. The first defender to hit the ball carrier brings him down over half the time, except when I'm playing the major B1G teams (OSU, Mich, etc).

If you can't take the poor tackling any longer, however, try moving some sliders around. That's what they're there for.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

The same has happened to me as well. I'm playing on Heisman with UMass and my tackling slider at 35. It is so very frustrating to see the CPU break tackle after tackle while my guys can't break any. But then I look at UMass' box scores in real life and see that they, too, are no good at tackling. It just has to do with my players playing against superior talent. I knew it wasn't going to be easy and this is definitely something my team needs to improve upon.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
The same has happened to me as well. I'm playing on Heisman with UMass and my tackling slider at 35. It is so very frustrating to see the CPU break tackle after tackle while my guys can't break any. But then I look at UMass' box scores in real life and see that they, too, are no good at tackling. It just has to do with my players playing against superior talent. I knew it wasn't going to be easy and this is definitely something my team needs to improve upon.
It's not playing superior talent. if you don't have an 87 plus tackle rated guy the worst person on the team will run you over or stiff arm you and your ratings can do nothing about it. it's heisman for you. hit stick is just worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Hit stick causes more missed tackles than anything.

Another option is to go to the Adjustments option while in the playbook and set tackling to conservative and strip ball to conservative. Both give a very small boost to tackling each game (probably not too noticeable though)
Old 09-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0

OP, are you playing on Heisman difficulty? It feels like Heisman has a segment of code that says the ballcarrier HAS to break at least one tackle every. single. play. Very frustrating.

Let's Go Bucs
Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPens1787
OP, are you playing on Heisman difficulty? It feels like Heisman has a segment of code that says the ballcarrier HAS to break at least one tackle every. single. play. Very frustrating.
It's tied into ratings, next time the missed tackle happens check the player your tacklings break tackle number and your guys tackle rating. Ratings are very important and essentially everything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »