Home

Would you pay for playoff DLC?

This is a discussion on Would you pay for playoff DLC? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you pay for playoff DLC
Yes! That would be awesome. 93 64.58%
Maybe, depends on how much it would cost. 37 25.69%
I'd buy it only if it included gameplay fixes as well. 9 6.25%
No, playoffs suck, bowl system all the way. 5 3.47%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #25
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Would you pay for playoff DLC?

Would I pay for the DLC? Probably. Do I see them adding anything except a few glitch patches and uniforms? No. They pretty much already axed almost the entire NCAA team. I don't see them working on it much in the future. I see it as they made the game, they sold the game, they added the stuff they said they would and now it's time to focus on next-gen and madden. I think NCAA is done for a long time, or at least until the NCAA disbands, which I don't see happening in the near future

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #26
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Absolutely, without a doubt. It would extend the life of this game indefinitely.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #27
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
I've been saying this since April, begging EA to put the PLAYOFF option in this years game, knowing for a fact that it was a EXTREME CHANCE this would be the last game for awhile. NOBODY can tell me EA didn't see the odds on this, but as one of the posters above said, EA IS LAZY... so would I want a DLC playoff option? HECK YEAH!!!

Will it happen? No, because it's EA. It's a shame it's come to this, just when college football gets a playoff we get screwed. But my next prediction is that the college football playoff will be VERY VERY Popular, that somebody will attempt to make another game in the future, but not for probably 4 or 5 years.
they cant do it because the NCAA didnt let them. They havent licensed the playoff games yet. The NCAA wont let them add what they dont approve or what their attorneys approve. We have covered this for years and years. Back when they put rivals.com in, stadiums that arent owned by universities and its why they removed the academic suspensions. It has nothing to do with lazy. Has nothing to do with EA or tiburon. has to do with the NCAA and its licences. its a business.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
they cant do it because the NCAA didnt let them. They havent licensed the playoff games yet. The NCAA wont let them add what they dont approve or what their attorneys approve. We have covered this for years and years. Back when they put rivals.com in, stadiums that arent owned by universities and its why they removed the academic suspensions. It has nothing to do with lazy. Has nothing to do with EA or tiburon. has to do with the NCAA and its licences. its a business.
That's so wrong from this prior year, EA could have put it in 14, their excuse was they didn't have time, look it up, had nothing to do with NCAA this year.... They still thought they could milk it until next year and add it as a big new feature for for 15.... Some people like myself were saying put it in now because the legal battles , there is no guarantee that we will ever see a 15, but the playoff option had nothing to do with NCAA allowing them this year because obviously that was not the case as they stated in tweets in statements prior to 14 bring released....
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #29
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
That's so wrong from this prior year, EA could have put it in 14, their excuse was they didn't have time, look it up, had nothing to do with NCAA this year.... They still thought they could milk it until next year and add it as a big new feature for for 15.... Some people like myself were saying put it in now because the legal battles , there is no guarantee that we will ever see a 15, but the playoff option had nothing to do with NCAA allowing them this year because obviously that was not the case as they stated in tweets in statements prior to 14 bring released....
what are the names of the playoff games? where are they played? who are the sponsors of the games. are they being held at existing licensed stadiums? rose bowl? that will be another fee to the rose bowl. YOu know that UCLA doesnt own the rose bowl and EA pays them seperate just to use the stadium and name. Alot of the stadiums are this way. What logos would be used? How would ea get this passes by the NCAA, the teams, the bowls, the lawyers? they wont do something till its done in real life. thats smart because, like I said before they have put alot of work into things that the ncaa made them remove after the fact. Im sure they ran this by them already and we dont see it because the ncaa doesnt want us to until they have determined all the logistics.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
what are the names of the playoff games? where are they played? who are the sponsors of the games. are they being held at existing licensed stadiums? rose bowl? that will be another fee to the rose bowl. YOu know that UCLA doesnt own the rose bowl and EA pays them seperate just to use the stadium and name. Alot of the stadiums are this way. What logos would be used? How would ea get this passes by the NCAA, the teams, the bowls, the lawyers? they wont do something till its done in real life. thats smart because, like I said before they have put alot of work into things that the ncaa made them remove after the fact. Im sure they ran this by them already and we dont see it because the ncaa doesnt want us to until they have determined all the logistics.
We know the important stuff...the rest they could make an educated guess. EA has put in stuff like adding an expansion team to madden a year before the texans joined or adding in ND's future ACC heavy schedule. They could have done the same with a playoff
Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes yes!

Especially if it let us do it in Exhibition.

I would LOVE to do a huge teambuilder playoff with various year teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #32
Just started!

OVR: 0

Yes.
Plus if they added a dlc for App. State, Georgia Southern, and UNC Charlott. The last sub divisions teams that are moving up. That would make the game last for years to come.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »