Home

So, updates?

This is a discussion on So, updates? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: So, updates?

Before this news there were uniform packs the last 3 Tuesdays. Who knows what happens now though.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

My guess is the game is finished. No more updates.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #11
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Wouldn't make sense for EA to make an update from a fiscal perspective. Why invest $ into a dead series? They don't stand to gain any more money by making an update, so it would be fiscally irresponsible of them to employ someone to build said updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Wouldn't make sense for EA to make an update from a fiscal perspective. Why
invest $ into a dead series? They don't stand to gain any more money by making
an update, so it would be fiscally irresponsible of them to employ someone to
build said updates.
Money may be the end goal for all companies (not people), as you stated above, but there is HUGE issue of business ethics and that (particularly in the case of a sports game in they worked long to build up a strong fan base) must, most importantly, be their relationship with the people who buy their product.

Therefore, it would seem blatantly obvious to even the most crass money grubbing CEO and his business advisors that to completely drop a game's support after only one (day 1) update--PS/PS2 era that might fly due to their static nature, but no longer-- is a colossal mistake regarding consumer trust/support down the road.

Two of my best friends (major EA fanboys, by the way) claim they will never buy another EA product if they leave NCAA football '13 like this. I, not as extreme in my judgement, just think it is strangely disappointing.

Last edited by exeter; 10-01-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

It could be worse. Do you guys remember the mess that Backbreaker was left in. The last patch it received broke customization. Customization - one of the two main features of that game (the other was the physics engine).
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

They won't risk releasing a patch that could cause problems knowing that there are no resources to fix those problems.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeter
Money may be the end goal for all companies (not people), as you stated above, but there is HUGE issue of business ethics and that (particularly in the case of a sports game in they worked long to build up a strong fan base) must, most importantly, be their relationship with the people who buy their product.

Therefore, it would seem blatantly obvious to even the most crass money grubbing CEO and his business advisors that to completely drop a game's support after only one (day 1) update--PS/PS2 era that might fly due to their static nature, but no longer-- is a colossal mistake regarding consumer trust/support down the road.

Two of my best friends (major EA fanboys, by the way) claim they will never buy another EA product if they leave NCAA football '13 like this. I, not as extreme in my judgement, just think it is strangely disappointing.
The day one update was not the only update the game received. There was another patch in mid August.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #16
Rookie

Forestman's Arena

We are seeing sad times in sports gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »