Home

When will NCAA 14 become dated to you?

This is a discussion on When will NCAA 14 become dated to you? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #17
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: When will NCAA 14 become dated to you?

the game is already "dated"... it's been operating on an inferior engine this entire generation.... as soon as the next Madden drops, this game is officially shelved for many
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #18
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

If this is indeed the last college football game, it will never be truly dated. Yes, once the new playoff system arrives (assuming that EA doesn't make a DLC available) and conference realignment starts up again and so on the game will feel old but I'll always have an itch to play NCAA now and then.

The fact that this game is probably finished is reason enough for me to keep my PS3 and not sell it to help fund buying a next gen console.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Not until the community dies. IMO - this game will last for quite some time. I plan on updating rosters and using the Hex Editor to keep it alive and kicking.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #20
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr4h4mb0
Agreed, if the NFL keeps leaning toward spread offenses and mobile quarterbacks I can see a future personally with Madden, It used to seem like 32 teams one playbook but its changing a little.
I own Madden, don't play it. are custom playbooks in?

Under the assumption they are, or will be, i'll likely end up, on the next game iteration, trying to build a read option type of power offense PB, similar to what i've created in NCAA, and building a team to run the system with the Chiefs.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

The end of this series is probably the final nail in the coffin of my hardcore(ish) gaming career. This game is the one that I always look forward to most so, without it, I'm not likely to buy a next gen console anytime soon. I'm sure I'll still pick up some of the bigger non-sports games over the next several months but otherwise, it looks like I'm sticking with my PS3 until it dies. Chances are pretty good that NCAA 2014 will be there until the end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #22
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

My answer would be more interesting if a playoff DLC was coming. Sadly, I don't know if I'll be able to play a dynasty next year when in the real world everyone is exited about the playoffs, yet I'm stuck playing BCS bowls every year.

So next year, it'll be too dated to me.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #23
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

It will never completely die for me until a new NCAA game is produced (if ever).

That said, if changes are made to Madden that REALLY enhance the gameplay and make it more realistic, it would be harder to go back. When they added the improved passing a couple of years ago (with the multiple throwing arcs and arm angles) I COULD NOT go back to older versions as I got sick and tired of those passes to the flat being picked off by OLBs because there was no way to drop a pass over them.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliam
I couldn't say it better myself.
Because I don't know how the back-end of the system/game works, for an offline dynasty player, what type of things will this change? Downloaded rosters, uni packs, etc.?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »